PDA

View Full Version : the busted people

A.D. didn't
1/29/2009 2:18am,
I have been reading some of bullshido's busted articles lately and have been wondering to myself, why havent any of these people gone to jail? Or had their buissness forcefully shutdown. Does one not have to have a license to teach other people how to severely hurt another person or how to prvent another from hurting them? There has to be somekind of authority over martial arts as a whole (at least in the U.S. i would think). I mean whats the point of busting them if they dont have to pay for deceving people.

AikidoBot
1/29/2009 2:19am,
We knew you could do it! A.D. didn't posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

Steve
1/29/2009 5:00am,
A license to teach a martial art is not granted by the government or local chamber of commerce, it is granted by the martial art's governing body.

That means that those who believe in the governing body of a martial art believe in the license. I could license you to juggle goslings and I wouldn't be thrown in jail when you dropped the first goose.

The point is that they will be exposed. That is the main goal, the rest of the repercussions is just gravy.

A.D. didn't
1/29/2009 6:49am,
just being exposed wouldnt be good enough for me. they just keep getting to do whatever they want. like ashida kim

heelhook
1/29/2009 7:34am,
Just remember A.D. Occasionally one of the guys with the "I will travel to beat your ass" tags makes a roadtrip to beat the crap out of the fakes. ;) In the old days the practice was called "dojo-storming"

As for fakes... You know there are at least 2 guys with inflated credentials in our town and one who is calls bad western boxing kung-fu not very far away. So the worst part about all this is it happens everywhere.