PDA

View Full Version : GKR karate contracts

sallym
1/08/2009 9:10pm,
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone out there knows what exactly is in the contracts gkr get you to sign. I 've had a few shoved under my nose over the years and really dont know what the hell I signed. My bad I know.:5oops:

Any insight would be cool.

Thanks

S:happy6:

Rask
1/09/2009 7:08am,
Welcome to the site. There are many people here who would love the opportunity to talk to a GKR practicioner about martial arts. Unfortunately I've got no idea what the GKR contacts entail, having never looked at one.

What do you think of GKR's training system? As a matter of curiosity, do you spar at all in your classes; and if so, how hard? What kind of drills and training exercises do you do at your dojo? Do you feel that your instructors are capable fighters, and do you feel that GKR has made you a capable fighter?

Thanks. :)

Vorpal
1/09/2009 7:09am,
The quickest way to find out is to stop paying. Welcome to BS.

Jadonblade
1/09/2009 8:10am,
Escape!

sallym
1/20/2009 8:53pm,
Welcome to the site. There are many people here who would love the opportunity to talk to a GKR practicioner about martial arts. Unfortunately I've got no idea what the GKR contacts entail, having never looked at one.

What do you think of GKR's training system? As a matter of curiosity, do you spar at all in your classes; and if so, how hard? What kind of drills and training exercises do you do at your dojo? Do you feel that your instructors are capable fighters, and do you feel that GKR has made you a capable fighter?

Thanks. :)

Honestly it's hard for me to compare as its the only martial arts style of done. But I would say considering it's a business it isn't very professional at all. Really disorganised and you have to hunt hard for a decent class. Alot of classes never spar, I think that is because the instructors can't from what I have seen. So no I don't think i'm a capable fighter at all.

Sam Browning
1/20/2009 9:56pm,
You could always ask them for a copy of the contract you signed.

GendaiBudo
1/22/2009 7:58pm,
I took up GKR, either in 1996 or 1997, i think most likely 1997....
one of the Sensei and his girlfriend came to our Doorstep and asked to talk about Karate with us, so we invited them in, and they stayed for like a whole hour chatting to us about Karate and joining their newly formed class at the Redcliffe PCYC.

Anyway, really i think the concept is genius as a lot of people are curious about the whole "asian martial arts mysticism" deal, and will listen when people talk, especially when they come to your doorstep as part of an official organisation.

Anyway i'm quite certain (at the time i was only 8 or 9 years old) that my father signed a form, however i left the school after like....6 weeks, i couldnt be bothered with what i was learning, we were doing Katas and striking in mid-air, if i would've been offered some competition prospects i would've been alot more interested, since this is what GKR are reknowned for in the National all styles competition, they dominate the point karate.

Funnily enough, there was a story going around that the Primary Sensei disarmed a man with a gun who held up the PCYC front desk asking for money...
But, even back then i said "Who holds up a PCYC?" for those who don't know "PCYC" stands for Police Citizens Youth Club, and the places are filled with Police officers and Volunteers.

sochin101
1/22/2009 8:06pm,
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone out there knows what exactly is in the contracts gkr get you to sign. I 've had a few shoved under my nose over the years and really dont know what the hell I signed. My bad I know.:5oops:

Any insight would be cool.

Thanks

S:happy6:
Sorry, I missed this first time around...

Are you UK, NZ, or Australia?

If you can let me know your region/zone, I'll see if I can get a copy of a contract.

Was it just a training contract as opposed to employment? Did you sign it in the home, or at class?