PDA

View Full Version : Aikido and Hot pic Mabs thread bum WTF?

lecher
1/03/2009 8:33am,
Asriel's profile pic is sexy I wanna **** that girl

anyways! taekwondo + aikido? I dunno what **** that will become

catalyst
1/03/2009 9:56am,
You know, there are some extremely knowledgeable people who contribute on these forums on a regular basis; they offer valuable information and insight.
However, mostly what I see is a lot of runaway adolescent egos and filthy language.
There seem to be a large number of posters who have nothing better to do than engage in repetitious and tiresome bashing of anything and everything that they, in their infinite wisdom, see as "useless on the street."
In many cases, they are probably correct.
But is it really necessary to continuously drag out the same old dead horses and beat them again and again?
If someone wants to study Aikido, why is it necessary to make fun of them?
I agree wholeheartedly that in most Aikido training you are not receiving street self defense.
But who cares? Not everyone wants to be a cage fighter or for that matter even a fighter.
Sure, if someone, or some entity is misreprsenting themselves, call them on it.
But why the endless gratuitous bashing of everyone who doesn't want to train to be a "badass"

Vieux Normand
1/03/2009 10:58am,
Taekwondo + aikido? I dunno what **** that will become

Based on what you called it, you seem to.

FLMKane
1/07/2009 1:56am,
You know, there are some extremely knowledgeable people who contribute on these forums on a regular basis; they offer valuable information and insight.
However, mostly what I see is a lot of runaway adolescent egos and filthy language.
There seem to be a large number of posters who have nothing better to do than engage in repetitious and tiresome bashing of anything and everything that they, in their infinite wisdom, see as "useless on the street."
But is it really necessary to continuously drag out the same old dead horses and beat them again and again?
I agree wholeheartedly that in most Aikido training you are not receiving street self defense.
But who cares? Not everyone wants to be a cage fighter or for that matter even a fighter.
But why the endless gratuitous bashing of everyone who doesn't want to train to be a "badass"

Explain this...what is the point of a martial art which does not teach you to fight?

marcusdbrutus
1/07/2009 2:25am,
It gives you a reason to softly pad around like a pseudo-spiritual douche while wearing a dress.

Heltern
1/07/2009 1:25pm,
Explain this...what is the point of a martial art which does not teach you to fight?

Running on a tread mill ad nauseum is 100 times more boring than a TKD class or Aikido class?!

MrBadGuy
1/07/2009 1:41pm,
Yea, god forbid you be in shape. Cardiovascular health? Who. Cares. About. That. ****.

And don't tell me Aikido gets you in better shape than running. I've seen your grandmasters. They are chubby.

Goju - Joe
1/07/2009 2:50pm,
Yea, god forbid you be in shape. Cardiovascular health? Who. Cares. About. That. ****.

And don't tell me Aikido gets you in better shape than running. I've seen your grandmasters. They are chubby.

That's because they stop taking uekemi

At lower ranks throwing yourself around requires speed, dexterity and stamina

sochin101
1/07/2009 3:06pm,
At lower ranks throwing yourself around requires speed, dexterity and stamina
and a deathwish...

It is Fake
1/07/2009 3:06pm,
Two sides of the same coin here let me show you.

You know, there are some extremely knowledgeable TMAers who contribute on these forums on a regular basis; they offer valuable information and insight.
However, mostly what I see is a lot of runaway veteran egos and filthy language.
There seem to be a large number of TMAers who have nothing better to do than engage in repetitious and tiresome bashing of anything and everything that they, in their infinite wisdom, see as "useless sport."
In some cases, they are probably correct.
If someone wants to study Sport, why is it necessary to make fun of them?
I agree wholeheartedly that in most MMA training you are not receiving street self defense.
But who cares? Not everyone wants to be a street fighter or for that matter even a self defense fighter.
Sure, if someone, or some entity is misrepresenting themselves, call them on it.
But why the endless gratuitous bashing of everyone who doesn't want to train to be a "sport fighter"

See, same thing different slant.

han090
1/07/2009 5:18pm,
Yeah, but Aikido can be useful is they take the credit for other people doing work.

Just type "brutal aikido" into google, and watch any of the first few videos that will come up, and you'll see what i mean.

NJM
1/07/2009 5:32pm,
Yeah, but Aikido can be useful is they take the credit for other people doing work.

Just type "brutal aikido" into google, and watch any of the first few videos that will come up, and you'll see what i mean.
No true Aikidoka puts sugar on his porridge.