PDA

View Full Version : Mark Tripp - Judo/Sambo Clinic in Ohio

Pages : [1] 2

Mtripp
1/05/2009 8:33am,
We will be having another SAMBO Clinic in Findlay, Ohio with MARK TRIPP.
The Clinic will be FEBRUARY 14t, 2009 from 1PM to 4PM

Please mark your Calendar! You dont want to miss this CLINIC

For more information contact:
Mark Hunter
Ameri-Kan Judo

[email protected]
www.amerikanjudo.org
419-722-3476

Mtripp
1/05/2009 8:41am,
BTW - I will be doing LESS combative stuff this time out.

Hour One: (Gi top or Kurtka) Set ups, grip fighting, "Russian Judo" and Sambo Throws

Hour Two: Throwing to position, armlocks & leglocks, ground defense and offense.

Hour Three: Russian Judo and Sambo in MMA

Now, if there is something you want me to teach or work on, post it here and I will try to put it in the clinic.

Omega Supreme
1/05/2009 9:13am,
On Valentines Day!?!?!? Where's the love?

Ken Pfrenger
1/05/2009 9:24am,
Hi Mark,

I really like your work with the "frame". I can't say I would be upset if we got to work on that concept some more at the upcoming clinic. I am also doing what I can to help promote this at least on the eastern side of the state. Hopefully the turnout is what it should be.

Coach Josh
1/05/2009 9:24am,
LOL I cant tell you how many Judo tournaments/clinics I have been to on Valentines Day. Hmm come to think of it might have added to why the first wife left.

Nice to see you posting here Mark. Hope to get up in y'all area one day and workout.

Mtripp
1/05/2009 9:40am,
We are going to review the "frame" and its various uses in MMA and combatives.

We will not do the knife stuff or things like that.

Tom Kagan
1/05/2009 9:49am,
On Valentines Day!?!?!? Where's the love?

Nothing says "I love you" more than cracked ribs from your tori's makikomi throw.

Ken Pfrenger
1/05/2009 10:00am,
We are going to review the "frame" and its various uses in MMA and combatives.

We will not do the knife stuff or things like that.

Very cool Thanks! Are you sure I could not convince you to bust out a little entrenching tool material:) I have to admit, I love my shovel:)

Mtripp
1/05/2009 10:36am,
Very cool Thanks! Are you sure I could not convince you to bust out a little entrenching tool material:) I have to admit, I love my shovel:)

Its funny you say that. If we have the camp I am going to get a bunch of the cold steel shovels and teach the Sambo techniques with them, including throwing. We are going to have a contest for throwing as well.

Blue Negation
1/05/2009 5:38pm,
Quick question for you, Mr. Tripp: seminar cost? Is it 25 again? Have all the info ready to distribute except that part.

edit: I see that you mentioned in the other thread that it is indeed the same price. thanks for coming out at such a friendly rate for us poor college kids.

Mtripp
1/05/2009 5:41pm,
Times are tough; Yes the seminar should cost more, a lot more. But I really would rather have people there who really want to learn. The hard core, for some odd reason, never have a lot of money.

Munacra
1/05/2009 8:04pm,
I am down even if I have to greyhound it all the way over there.

TheMightyMcClaw
1/08/2009 12:30am,
I will do my best to attend, and to bring as much of the UM BJJ club with me as possible.
Hopefully I'll be able to get at least one person who can drive me there.

Ronin.74
1/08/2009 11:07am,
Times are tough; Yes the seminar should cost more, a lot more. But I really would rather have people there who really want to learn. The hard core, for some odd reason, never have a lot of money.

This is very true. I've been teaching for next to nothing for months now because the guys are hungry, talented and intend to go pro. They also have little to no income. Thank you for affordable training options Mr. Tripp!

I am going to start pushing this seminar on my guys today. I can't make any guarantees regarding how many guys I can get to come, but I know that I can at least get 4-5 and possibly as many as 15 depending on who I can get a hold of and what they're availability is like.

foxd
1/10/2009 11:08am,
Would a Jiu-jitsu be fine if I wanted to go? Also, do I have to have a lot of prior experience or is it relatively noobish friendly?

Mtripp
1/10/2009 4:05pm,
Would a Jiu-jitsu be fine if I wanted to go? Also, do I have to have a lot of prior experience or is it relatively noobish friendly?

ANY jacket (Judo, jujitsu, Sambo) is fine.

None needed, some will pick up faster than others.