PDA

View Full Version : Karate Korner Thread:For a good laugh...

HenryChinaski
12/28/2003 7:51am,
http://www.karatekorner.com/messageboard/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=47&Topic=1023

I just found this site and browsed their forum and came to read this thread.

Read the postings of Bladesaint (a moderator) where he claims that he fought TWO streetfighters and beat them both ONLY with kicks (no striking), one of them - which outweighs him by "400 plus pounds" - he beat with a backkick to the solar plexus. Before he could finish them about 20 (!!) police cars showed up so...
Also read the hilarious and boastful second post where he tells about how he stopped a guy who attacked him in a bar from behind "with a Shotokan style U-punch from the Bassai Dai kata in a semi front stance no less"!!

This is funny as hell, as I figured it out by reading some of his other postings this boaster must be over 40 and claims to be a police officer! Also check out his link to the lipeiyun-school where he trains. They all wear these nice colored "Last Emperor" suits, check out the pics.

I don't want to bash on Karate Korner, there are some interesting and informative threads with people who know their ****, but there's also plenty of hilarious things like this thread or people referring to Bolo (yeah, the one in Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon) or Bloodsport.

But this guy Bladesaint seems to be the Prototype of a keyboard warrior who tells his fairy tales on MA forums without ever fighting in his life. Bur for sure he does his Katas...
:D

McDojo Artist
12/28/2003 8:23am,
They train Shaolin Karate?
Weird.

Stick
12/28/2003 4:11pm,
He says he practices Hwardo..... judging from the last hwardo site we saw (see the "pics of disaster" thread)... yeah, that's all I needed.

Jenfucius
12/28/2003 4:56pm,
outweighs him by 400 pounds? that's only impressive if he weighs -200 pounds!

Hedgehogey
12/28/2003 8:13pm,
Well it sounds like Djimbe got owned.

bigfatbrute
12/28/2003 8:25pm,
OMG, what a wanker,
reminds me of a guy i used to know, he used to say that girls thought he looked like tom cruise, he was a ugly little bastad, and he was convinced that everyone in the gym loved to watch him demonstrate his spinning back kicks, (everyone used to laugh at him and he wouldnt realise) i told him that he could stop takedowns with those back kicks, and he decided to wrestle me, so i let him win for laughs, and he went round saying he kicked my ass, im 230pounds he would have been 170, so insteadt of grinding him for spreading bullshit i convinced him that he could go to NHB comps in the heavyweight divisions because he was lightining fast and his spinning back kick would knockout all the strikers, and because he could smash me at wrestling no one could beat him, so the dick head as far as i know is trying to register himself for pancrease, but they wont let him in, i convinced him so well that he gave up his day job, because he thought he was a natural fighter and he would make big bucks n the ufc . sorry to go on but it bought back memories. any one else hadexperiences like that,

McDojo Artist
12/28/2003 9:19pm,
Damn thatīs evil!!
You should have slapped him in the right direction instead.

bigfatbrute
12/28/2003 9:59pm,
no it wouldnt have made such agood story in hindsight had i beaten him into reality, ignorance is bliss, i should see him again next week, as thats when my gym opens up for the new year, last time i saw him he said he was going to teach self defence classes fr his day job while he's brother in law negotiates his entry into some comps

JKDChick
12/28/2003 10:37pm,
Originally posted by Jenfucius
outweighs him by 400 pounds? that's only impressive if he weighs -200 pounds!

Actually, he just says the guy weighed 400 plus pounds, not that he OUTWEIGHED him by that much. This still shows a SLIGHT distance from reality, since a 400 pound guy is either going to by 7-8 feet tall or too fat to fight.

HenryChinaski
12/29/2003 7:52pm,
Originally posted by bigfatbrute
OMG, what a wanker,
reminds me of a guy i used to know, he used to say that girls thought he looked like tom cruise, he was a ugly little bastad, and he was convinced that everyone in the gym loved to watch him demonstrate his spinning back kicks, (everyone used to laugh at him and he wouldnt realise) i told him that he could stop takedowns with those back kicks, and he decided to wrestle me, so i let him win for laughs, and he went round saying he kicked my ass, im 230pounds he would have been 170, so insteadt of grinding him for spreading bullshit i convinced him that he could go to NHB comps in the heavyweight divisions because he was lightining fast and his spinning back kick would knockout all the strikers, and because he could smash me at wrestling no one could beat him, so the dick head as far as i know is trying to register himself for pancrease, but they wont let him in, i convinced him so well that he gave up his day job, because he thought he was a natural fighter and he would make big bucks n the ufc . sorry to go on but it bought back memories. any one else hadexperiences like that,

Hilarious, funny story!
When I started I did Wado-Ryu Karate first and was highly impressed by my Sensei - like it's the case with newcomers in most dojos - even if he smoked and was rather lazy, f.e. he didn't do the warm-up with us just walked around and watched. Also many times his favourite pupil, a brown belt, would do the training for him. I know it's the case also in many dojos but for me it's not a sign of a really good dojo now. Anyway, I learned all the stuff and - as a Bruce Lee fan :D - was fascinated with the good looking technics like spinning back kick, jumped kicks etc. and trained them hard. I thought of myself as a pretty good fighter and it worked in my dojo and I did some karate tournaments where I was really good. From time to time a friend and I went to other dojos, just looking or visiting a friend. Once we visited a new Ninjutsu dojo (these were the days when the Ninja boom started) and I embarassed the highest graded belt there, but that's another story. But then I was invited to a boxing gym and a guy asked me for a friendly sparring. I said sure (oh as self-assured I secretly was) but I'm not that good. :D
We started and I tried to bring up my nice high kicks and stuff and in the first 30 seconds I managed to kick his head but he shook it off and started punching me real hard. Well, end of the story is I had NO chance and he beat me easily and I was embarrassed much. I then gave some excuses (not my day) and leaved the room.
This was one of my most important lesons about MA or what was effective and working in MA. I moved to Kyokushinkai Karate which is more "Sparring orientated", but one day I saw myself how a black belt, a colleague of mine, got beaten down by a half-drunken pretty skinny guy in a bar in no time. That was my second important lesson. Soon after this I moved to Kickboxing, semi-contact first, then fullcontact. Later I did also some Muay Thai, but went back to Kickboxing.
I respect Karate as MA and for me it's okay as a sport and also the kinda philosophical background is okay for me. But I wanted to learn something to really work in a fight - and Karate doesn't work **** in a streetfight in my opinion - so I turned to Kickboxing/Muay Thai. Actually it was a slow development over years.

Hey bigfatbrute, let us know the latest news in this guys career...

SMF
12/29/2003 8:38pm,
some of the meanest bastards ive ever met have been in karate-do. When trained right oh ir works

liuzg150181
12/29/2003 10:44pm,
Originally posted by HenryChinaski
Hilarious, funny story!
When I started I did Wado-Ryu Karate first and was highly impressed by my Sensei - like it's the case with newcomers in most dojos - even if he smoked and was rather lazy, f.e. he didn't do the warm-up with us just walked around and watched. Also many times his favourite pupil, a brown belt, would do the training for him. I know it's the case also in many dojos but for me it's not a sign of a really good dojo now. Anyway, I learned all the stuff and - as a Bruce Lee fan :D - was fascinated with the good looking technics like spinning back kick, jumped kicks etc. and trained them hard. I thought of myself as a pretty good fighter and it worked in my dojo and I did some karate tournaments where I was really good. From time to time a friend and I went to other dojos, just looking or visiting a friend. Once we visited a new Ninjutsu dojo (these were the days when the Ninja boom started) and I embarassed the highest graded belt there, but that's another story. But then I was invited to a boxing gym and a guy asked me for a friendly sparring. I said sure (oh as self-assured I secretly was) but I'm not that good. :D
We started and I tried to bring up my nice high kicks and stuff and in the first 30 seconds I managed to kick his head but he shook it off and started punching me real hard. Well, end of the story is I had NO chance and he beat me easily and I was embarrassed much. I then gave some excuses (not my day) and leaved the room.
This was one of my most important lesons about MA or what was effective and working in MA. I moved to Kyokushinkai Karate which is more "Sparring orientated", but one day I saw myself how a black belt, a colleague of mine, got beaten down by a half-drunken pretty skinny guy in a bar in no time. That was my second important lesson. Soon after this I moved to Kickboxing, semi-contact first, then fullcontact. Later I did also some Muay Thai, but went back to Kickboxing.
I respect Karate as MA and for me it's okay as a sport and also the kinda philosophical background is okay for me. But I wanted to learn something to really work in a fight - and Karate doesn't work **** in a streetfight in my opinion - so I turned to Kickboxing/Muay Thai. Actually it was a slow development over years.

Hey bigfatbrute, let us know the latest news in this guys career...
Hmmm.......impressed at the first sight,quite a common thing for MA beginners,which i would call "MA infatuation"~~~
I used to be taken by all this fanciful **** 9 yrs ago,so dont feel bad about it~~~