PDA

View Full Version : Tech Fight Clubs? Brawling with household objects?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

foxd
12/30/2008 4:17pm,
YouTube - G4 Investigates: Tech Fight Clubs (Keyboard Fight) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLRwTCz4dLQ)

This is on the G4 Tv investigates Tech Fight Club special that's on as I post this, and I was wondering if anybody's ever seen this? Some of the fighting's pretty damn brutal; one guy got picked up and dumped on his head onto concrete.

The keyboard fight I linked to seems pretty hilarious, and some odd way appealing. I can't stay to watch the whole thing, but it looks like they're gonna fight with women's purses filled with birdshot next. Anybody here ever try Keyboard-jitsu or Purse-fencing?

marcusdbrutus
12/30/2008 4:20pm,
Looks like a hell of a good time.

DunkelAnanas
12/30/2008 4:24pm,
one guy got picked up and dumped on his head

Ew.....

foxd
12/30/2008 4:25pm,
Ew.....

I know. It went EVERYWHERE.

Beezer
12/30/2008 4:26pm,
I think the big dude, in the lime green shirt, was in the Dog Brothers' special from last year.

Nathan McScary
12/30/2008 5:17pm,
Meh, the fighters were really just glorified LARPers. Note how much time they spent talking about how obsessed they are with D & D and video games but never mentioned any pre-fight club training, or athletics. Just a bunch of untrained nerds that think they are somehow proving a profound point of restoring lost masculinity by putting on kendo gear and hitting each other over the heads with keyboards.

It was somewhat cool when a couple of them fought at the biker club at the end though.

foxd
12/30/2008 11:22pm,
Did you catch the tail end of it? I know one of said techs mentioned he was training for his first fight at the club, and I'm wondering what sort of training he was talking about.

hungryjoe
12/30/2008 11:30pm,
Dog Brothers

FTW

Push "escape"

Hesperus
12/30/2008 11:38pm,
Saw this ages ago.

Made me think of DB minus everything worthwhile.

Stupid, really.

Marc Spector
12/30/2008 11:52pm,
Man, this reminds me of the last time I thrashed someone with a keyboard. Worst job interview ever.

Bahuyuddha
12/31/2008 12:03am,
Man, this reminds me of the last time I thrashed someone with a keyboard. Worst job interview ever.

Were you the interviewer or the one being interviewed?

Marc Spector
12/31/2008 12:07am,
Were you the interviewer or the one being interviewed?

That's irrelevant. What matters, is that I was not wearing a fencing mask. I keep it real.

Bahuyuddha
12/31/2008 12:33am,
That's irrelevant. What matters, is that I was not wearing a fencing mask. I keep it real.

So it was you!

3moose1
1/01/2009 4:11am,
No joke though, i'd pick these guys to have my back in a fight, over most of the _ing _un kata-loving krotty fools we make fun of all the time.

With OR without the keyboard.

ADM
1/01/2009 4:59am,
No joke though, i'd pick these guys to have my back in a fight, over most of the _ing _un kata-loving krotty fools we make fun of all the time.

With OR without the keyboard.

Really? I mean honestly? You wouldn't just prefer no one so they wouldn't get in your way? :)

Bishop
1/01/2009 5:17am,
I think the big dude, in the lime green shirt, was in the Dog Brothers' special from last year.

That's Gints Klamanis. He's a 3rd dan in Hawaiian Kempo, "Baltic Dog" with the Dog Brothers, and a Kajukenbo student.
This is one of their many clips that have been on different news programs and Geraldo Rivera's show. They call themselves the "Tech Fight Club" because they all work in the computer industry in the Silicon Valley area of No. Calif.