PDA

View Full Version : New guy

MaintainerZero
12/29/2008 6:50pm,
So yeah, posting just to say hello, and to get rid of the big bold text of DOOM from the top of all the pages here. Lurked for a long time, just never had much to say.

I currently live in an area with jack squat for good MA instruction, so am doing a Yin Style Baguazhang training series of DVD's that is pretty reasonable. I was in the US Army and got some ground training there, but it was pretty much a joke (I won 2nd place in my training company's competition and I had a 104 degree fever the day before). Have done some light BJJ in the past, lasted one lesson at an extremely lame TKD school (clap for your buddy!), and studied Kenpo for a long time kinda all over the american southwest (moved a lot as a kid). I studied Chang Quan for a little while in Arizona, and really enjoyed that, but the instructor's name eludes me at the moment, and I didn't get in-depth in the system enough for it to matter much anyway.

I read a lot of books, watch a lot of video, watch competitive fights, etc., and basically take what I can from different places and apply what works for me to my repetoire. I dig this site and its purpose, and hope to be able to add to the discussions on at least some level.

KungFuBot
12/29/2008 6:51pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, MaintainerZero, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.