PDA

View Full Version : I put Kyusho pressure points to the test today (video)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Graugart
12/17/2008 6:08pm,
Long story short:

Had a discussion with Kyusho student on danish forum. I registered on Kyusho.com's forum and continued some of my questions there (http://www.kyusho.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/002774.html). Decided to test one of the knockout techniques since none of the "experts" wanted to do it themselves.

Here is my video of the test:

YouTube - Kyusho test (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5r86SwmW80)

For argumentation purposes (especially when someone claims I couldn't do it because of lack of training), this link is GOLD by the way:

YouTube - knockout tap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPTs-iXnQiM)

(although I was told that the girl might have been given very specific instructions on how to do the strike LOL)

huge
12/17/2008 6:15pm,
Nice. Pressure point stuff always makes me laugh. Maybe your tounge was in the wrong position and your chi wasn't flowing properly, lol.

danniboi07
12/17/2008 6:19pm,
Any responses yet? you've got one comment on your YT page, but anything back from the forums?

That second video is a GREAT follow up, haha.

Graugart
12/17/2008 6:24pm,
Yeah I got some pretty good replies there so far: (just roughly copy/paste sorry)

What does that video shows? From my point of view, we do not have "buttons" in the neck that only "touched" will shut off the body, there's something more... Now really, what does that video shows? They (You Christian) need more practice and a guide from an experienced Kyusho instructor and this "ability" is not for everybody that only reading a book or watching a DVD can learn, or... from a friend assisting to another seminar telling some things.

IMHO, I've seen some things to correct (angle, direction, intention, focusing, ...) it depends on you if you want to do another step or not.

It's like seeing professional racers doing things at a VERY HIGH SPEED and me saying that as I've been driving for a lot of years, days and hours from home to job, I'll be able to do the same (or very similar) and, when trying it; once I'm not able to drive at that speed and have that accuracy, what will this show? (This is a question to you, I know my answer, I'd like to know yours) The important things it's not the amount of time you train, it's the profit you take from that training.

Take care.

--------------------
Xavi Vila
KI Instructor - Barcelona
http://www.kyusho.es http://www.kyushospace.com/xavi

Any striking to the back of the head can be dangerous because the brainstem can be affected by testing...there is a need for all martial artists to exercise caution and to know how to revive/balance the ukes back to normal after playing with such points. Keeping training partners healthy is of utmost importance.

Few clear examples of what I see. (there are a lot more...)

1'38'' -> Not touching the point.
2'06'' -> fear to hit the other.
2'09'' -> nice reaction
2'14'' -> fear to hit the other
3'04'' -> It's like a robot
3'15'' -> and so, more fear...

Shall I continue? No thank you. Proper training needed.

Take care.

--------------------
Xavi Vila
KI Instructor - Barcelona
http://www.kyusho.es http://www.kyushospace.com/xavi

Feel free to register on the kyusho.com and join the debate!!

Diesel_tke
12/17/2008 7:08pm,
We did a strike kinda like this in the academy. Called a brachial stun. It works good but it doesn't knock you out. Also a brachial stun is done more on the side of the neck. It makes you loose control of you legs.

Try that one. We did it to each other in the academy and it is pretty fun. Feels like you are drunk. That crazy one that you are doing seems a little ignorant to me. Only because, people would be getting knocked out all over the place every time the backed in to a door or hit their neck on something.

Cool video though. Do some more, this is pretty cool!!!

Student
12/17/2008 7:34pm,
Looks like you at least annoyed everyone at your Gym :-)

maxthegeek1
12/17/2008 8:10pm,
We did a strike kinda like this in the academy. Called a brachial stun. It works good but it doesn't knock you out. Also a brachial stun is done more on the side of the neck. It makes you loose control of you legs.

Try that one. We did it to each other in the academy and it is pretty fun. Feels like you are drunk. That crazy one that you are doing seems a little ignorant to me. Only because, people would be getting knocked out all over the place every time the backed in to a door or hit their neck on something.

Cool video though. Do some more, this is pretty cool!!! Wait.... seriously? I'd really like to see that. I don't really believe it, because I think I would have noticed some secret nerve spot on the back of my neck that gave me leg spazzms by this point in my life. I mean really.

resolve
12/17/2008 8:24pm,
Interesting. My neck has a vertebrae out of place due to a work accident and my legs tend to fall asleep at the most annoying times. I wonder if it's related. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know much about how the nervous system operates outside of your basic bio lesson though.

Gezere
12/17/2008 8:39pm,
Graugart you really need to continue this.

Keep doing the videos to get more responses on how you need more training. THEN offer to come to their school, or vice versa, to demonstrate it properly against someone other than their students.

Ryno
12/17/2008 10:48pm,
Graugart you really need to continue this.

Keep doing the videos to get more responses on how you need more training. THEN offer to come to their school, or vice versa, to demonstrate it properly against someone other than their students.

That pretty much is the main point. No flopping, no inadvertent self-hypnosis by loyal students, causing an artificial reaction.

Even better yet, approach an instructor who supposedly knows what they are doing, and have them do it to you.

CrackFox
12/18/2008 3:42am,
This could backfire on you slightly. No matter how correctly you do the technique, they're going to say you're doing it wrong and that a "master" could make it work. Then when you go to a master, he's going to punch/chop you full force in the back of the head where it meets the neck, and you're probably going to go down.

Now I know that's not what was demonstrated in the videos, and it's no more a Kyuosho pressure point than landing a hook to the jaw, but the people you're trying to reach are going to see that and believe what they want to believe. Good luck anyway.

vinhthekid
12/18/2008 4:16am,
GRAUGART SMASH!

dude, i didn't know you were on bullshido.

Graugart
12/18/2008 10:12am,
Bro, I am EVERYWHERE /ninja

Darthsyric
12/18/2008 10:28am,
I did pressure point included striking for years, I say included because the teacher said this "isnt the end all be all of striking" it was one of those things that was "here's a spot try and hit it. it is like a bonus, might as well use the weakness to your advantage kinda thing." We all agreed that it comes down to hit as hard and as fast as possible as many times as you can. That being said

Anytime I see these floppy hands hitting softly or no touch BS, that's what it is. The spot the guy is hitting is right. There are a few times where the spot is missed but what they are aiming for is the triangle of hair that grows at the base of the skull. If you hit the point you will knock someone out, it's been done to me, cept that person hit me HARD from behind, without me knowing in class. Once again tho, he hit me HARD!!! Used a fist...and then laughed

The one with the girl tho....I hope and pray that was not done to pretend to be legit.

But back to the point, you can knock someone out by hitting them in the back of the head, it's called a rabbit punch as hard as you can

Dagon Akujin
12/18/2008 10:31am,
Graugart, you are my favorite newbie poster. I've never said this before.... but...

... but I think I love you.

[/homo]

MrGalt
12/18/2008 10:47am,
What are you trying to hit there? Gall Bladder 20 or Bladder 10? Uh...I mean, yeah, screw that pressure point stuff man. It's all mumbo-jumbo.