PDA

View Full Version : Its my middle name

Ashiro
12/14/2008 2:04pm,
The username I mean. I'm not Japanese but my dad was a prat - hence having a Japanese middle name and being 100% English.

Anyway - onto who I am and why I'm posting. To be honest the BIG text at the top of the screen is annoying me so I want rid.

I also thought I'd say:
* I train Japanese ju jutsu at Tai Jutsu Kai (UK).
* I'm orange belt.
* I also train kenjutsu and iaijutsu (skip the skirt and wooden sword jokes :p I've heard them all).

I'll be honest and say from the get-go: I'm not very good at ju jutsu yet. Well I'm orange belt level and I know the Japanese names by heart and can do the techniques well. I'm physically fit and healthy but when I get into a fight my body turns into an inflexible rock and my mind goes blank as paper. Hence why I normally get tapped out. This is improving though as I learn to chill out and become more tactical.

BJJbot
12/14/2008 2:05pm,
So Ashiro, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83).

syberia
12/14/2008 3:16pm,
Welcome, Ashiro...

Welcome to BS mate. I see you've been here for a few months already lurking so i assume you've found the style forums, DHS and MABS.

How long have you been training? and how long have you been sparring/ rolling? Whats your training like? I know what you mean about blankness, i do it still during stand up alot of the time. Grappling not so much anymore.

Just focus on a short term goal, thats what i do. (someone else may dissagree) if i've just learnt a technique, for example, i'll try to set it up and use it during free rolling afterward, not only does it help the technique but i've found it gives me something to work for and practice tactics with. I'll work from wherever i am to where i need to be (guard, mount etc) and then try the technique. be it a submission, sweep or anything.