PDA

View Full Version : New member says hi!

Jocky Balboa
12/09/2008 3:20pm,
Hi all,

I joined you on a recommendation from someone else, on the pretense that you are the best no-nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is people in Cyberspace. I look forward to chatting away with you all.

Oh and by the way, here's a little about my background.., I started in Martial Arts as a 6yr old in Karate and have since trained in Vale Tudo and Muay Thai. Now I focus mainly on Kickboxing.

Thanks!

AikidoBot
12/09/2008 3:21pm,
We knew you could do it! Jocky Balboa posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

meh meh
12/09/2008 7:19pm,
ooh me next.

Now will that text at the top of the page go away?

HonkyTonkMan
12/09/2008 7:22pm,
greetings, who recommended you?

Jocky Balboa
12/10/2008 12:18pm,
greetings, who recommended you?

Several posters on Martial Arts Planet talk highly of you. :kiss:

Mr. Mantis
12/10/2008 12:36pm,
Welcome Jocky.

Those boys over on Martial Arts Planet ran me off their site. They just didn't fancy me I guess. To each his own I guess.

E-Van
12/10/2008 12:41pm,
Im curious.

What type of training did you do for Vale Tudo. I always was under the impression that Vale Tudo was a rule set and not a style perse.

Jocky Balboa
12/11/2008 2:48pm,
Im curious.

What type of training did you do for Vale Tudo. I always was under the impression that Vale Tudo was a rule set and not a style perse.

Right you are. I should have clarified, but my old gym in Glasgow, Scotland has some fighters who did "Shootfighting" and whatnot and the groundwork was integrated into our syllabus. I do confess however, that I know only the basics of groundwork and have only actually fought in Muay Thai.