PDA

View Full Version : Bujinkan Shidoshi Killed

Pages : [1] 2 3

shinbushi
12/22/2003 3:26pm,
Horrible news from
Cape Argus Newspaper online (http://www.news24.com/News24/AnanziArticle/0,,2-7-1442_1456260,00.html)
Please take a moment to remember our budo brother and to honor his courage and sacrifice.

Man shot trying to save his fiancée
December 8, 2003

By Staff Reporter

Blood gurgled from the mouth of martial arts expert Jaco Zwanepoel, 34, just hours after his girlfriend, Marietjie Brummer, 25, had agreed to marry him.

Zwanepoel was fatally wounded trying to save his new fiancée's life during an armed robbery at a Waterkloof Glen, Pretoria, fast food outlet on Saturday night.

The incident, the second violent attack in the area over the weekend, claimed Zwanepoel's life, and that of one of the robbers.

"He is a hero," exclaimed Eugene le Roux, director of Nando's SA. "We are all very upset by what happened but he died a hero's death.

"For too long have South Africans sat back and allowed themselves to become victims."

The attack happened at 8.20pm when two armed men entered the premises.

According to Le Roux, one of the men walked around to the back to the counter and started opening the till. The other stood near the door next to the table at which Zwanepoel and his fianceé were waiting for their meal.

"The man had a gun in his hand and kept on saying 'cellphone, cellphone' I did not know what he wanted but the gun looked plastic and I hid my phone behind my back," said the traumatised Brummer.

She described how, as she hid her phone, the attacker pointed the gun straight at her head.

This triggered Zwanepoel into action.

As a fifth-dan Ninjitsu instructor in Centurion, Zwanepoel was trained in removing weapons from armed attackers.

"At this stage we did not know there were two assailants. Jaco managed to remove the gun from the man and shot at him. It was only then, out of the corner of my eye, that I saw the second attacker shooting at us."

Police are not sure about the sequence of events but the attacker was shot in the head and Zwanepoel was shot through the neck and shoulder.

A distraught Brummer said: "As he turned around I saw two bullet holes in his shirt but he was not bleeding and appeared fine. He told me to go and phone the cops, which I did at the counter. When I returned he was lying on the ground bleeding from the lower back and mouth."

Zwanepoel was rushed to Pretoria East hospital where, hospital spokesman Corné Bekker said, he died at 9.57pm despite the efforts of four doctors.

Its believed Zwanepoel suffered internal haemorrhaging and bled to death.

The remaining attacker escaped without taking anything.

The couple was due to be married on October 23 next year.

9chambers
12/22/2003 3:31pm,
wow .. sad

Ronin
12/22/2003 3:35pm,
There is ALWAYS more than one....

Jenfucius
12/22/2003 4:11pm,
only a ninja can stop a ninja.

MiloNYC
12/22/2003 4:15pm,
Well what's important is that she got to keep her phone. Guess he didn't pick her for brains. I don't care how fine she is, I'm not taking a bullet for some chicks cellphone.

Freddy
12/22/2003 7:27pm,
I heard South Africa is pretty bad. The crime rates over there has skyrocketed. Even police officers are nercous if they stay in one place too long. I have a friend over there I havnt heard for him for many months now. I hope he is okay.

FingerorMoon?
12/22/2003 8:07pm,
As a fifth-dan Ninjitsu instructor in Centurion, Zwanepoel was trained in removing weapons from armed attackers.

"At this stage we did not know there were two assailants. Jaco managed to remove the gun from the man and shot at him. It was only then, out of the corner of my eye, that I saw the second attacker shooting at us."

So his gun training worked, and he actually took the gun off the attacker in front of him and shot him with it. Impressive.

A distraught Brummer said: "As he turned around I saw two bullet holes in his shirt but he was not bleeding and appeared fine. He told me to go and phone the cops, which I did at the counter. When I returned he was lying on the ground bleeding from the lower back and mouth."

Lets say that again.
I saw two bullet holes in his shirt but he appeared fine.

Definitley wasn't going out with her for her brains.

MiloNYC
12/22/2003 9:12pm,
I'm sorry but basically she got him killed. She refused to give her phone to the attacker, her fiancé did what any guy would have done and intervened when the attacker then pointed the gun at her. Chances are he would have lived and they would have gone on their way if she had just gave the guy the damn phone. The woman is a moron.

Kungfoolss
12/22/2003 10:12pm,
Originally posted by Freddy
I heard South Africa is pretty bad. The crime rates over there has skyrocketed. Even police officers are nercous if they stay in one place too long. I have a friend over there I havnt heard for him for many months now. I hope he is okay.

That's what happens when you drive the whites from power.

Black_Rose
12/22/2003 10:42pm,
I think we should have this guy in our prayers,
for even though he may be going out with a ditz, he died for the good of all.
**** what art he did, who he is going out with or anything else, lets keep just him purely in mind.

Rest in Peace Budo Brother,

my prayers are with you!

Hannibal
12/22/2003 10:43pm,
Yeeessss. That guy did the right thing standing up to that theiving bastard.

Black_Rose
12/22/2003 10:56pm,
Depends, it is better to die i think in stnading up for something , than to be a coward living in your own weak exsistance.

It is better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand as a sheep.

MiloNYC
12/22/2003 11:03pm,
No way, guy pointed a gun at his girl and he went out like a man. I rather get shot being a man tomorrow then die in a hospital bed a shriveled husk. She was still an idiot but he did the right thing and deserves respect.

Black_Rose
12/22/2003 11:12pm,
Ok then, well, i hate it, but i fight people with weapons, even if their unarmed :)
Makes things easily

Kungfoolss
12/23/2003 1:47am,
Originally posted by Osiris
No, thats what happens when they leave a place a mess after their through.

Apartheid may have been bad, but at least it kept a sembalance of order.

Lethal Weapon 2 wav's

http://henancius.martin-scorsese.net/sounds/lethal2/onevote.wav

http://henancius.martin-scorsese.net/sounds/lethal2/black.wav

shinbushi
12/23/2003 12:25pm,
Originally posted by Black_Rose
I think we should have this guy in our prayers,
for even though he may be going out with a ditz, he died for the good of all.
**** what art he did, who he is going out with or anything else, lets keep just him purely in mind.

Rest in Peace Budo Brother,

my prayers are with you!
AMEN