PDA

View Full Version : Hi, another noob here

serge68
12/04/2008 2:04pm,
Umm, hi there everyone.

I'm new to these forums, and I decided to join because it's caught my interest in the way that few other forums can in this age of unlimited distractions. I think that i'm going to really like this site and the community here. I hope.

If it helps anything at all, i've been training in Taekwondo for years ( I think since I was about six or seven. It's my primary style), while also training in Capoeira (which i've been training in since I was 16. I'm 20 now). I always try to learn a bit about, or recieve instruction in different styles. It's sort of a personal goal of mine to create a style of my own designed specifially for me. Regardless, i'm always looking to add more to my repetoire.

So umm, yeah, that's just a little about me. I look forward to becoming a regularly participating member of Bullshido.

-P.S.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a brown-noser or anything.

TKDBot
12/04/2008 2:05pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, serge68, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

partyboy
12/04/2008 2:17pm,
Welcome to bullshido. I guess we'll have to call you the other other other serge.

serge68
12/04/2008 2:25pm,
There are more?

Phrost
12/04/2008 2:31pm,
We keep losing count.

Matt Phillips
12/04/2008 2:43pm,
Interesting mix of styles. I predict Monkey Kung fu is next.

Welcome.

serge68
12/04/2008 3:01pm,
Thanks guys.

Are there any super-special unspoken secret rules to follow here (aside from not trying to be a dick)?

BoonDog
12/04/2008 3:56pm,
Thanks guys.

Are there any super-special unspoken secret rules to follow here (aside from not trying to be a dick)?
No secret rules. Just the rules listed in the stickies. However, it helps to grow thick skin before you venture into the other forums where bullies do not have to be nice. Also be prepared to be questioned a lot about your style choices for MA.

M1K3
12/04/2008 4:04pm,
Welcome to Bullsido. With your style field I would spend a fair amount of time lurking before posting in the other forums. There is a Korean arts forum in the Style Forums link at the top of each page.

TheRuss
12/04/2008 4:08pm,
Welcome to Bullshido. I think we've hit a critical mass of Serges.

It's sort of a personal goal of mine to create a style of my own designed specifially for me.

This is the sort of thing you'll want to keep to yourself outside of the Newbietown forum.

sochin101
12/04/2008 4:36pm,
I dub this one "Serge Of Optimism" as he fills me with hope for a brighter tomorrow.

Welcome, Serge Of Optimism!
Search, read stickies and listen to H-to-tha-Izzo about the whole self-style thing.

Good luck out there.

Matt Phillips
12/04/2008 4:40pm,
We keep losing count.

Damnit Phrost, you left the Serge protector off again!

LarsCG
12/04/2008 4:43pm,
Welcome :new_Llol:

To be honest I think a numbering scheme for all the Serges is a good idea... you being number 68 just about leaves room for the others to grab their consecutive numbers...

:icon_sant

Regards