PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

pumasight
11/28/2008 1:04am,
My background is in Aikido (about 1 year), but I haven't been in the dojo in 8 years, other interests....school, work, etc. Think about it a lot, it was a lot of fun.

TKDBot
11/28/2008 1:05am,
Welcome aboard, pumasight! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

AlphaFoxtrot51
11/28/2008 1:10am,
My background is in Aikido (about 1 year), but I haven't been in the dojo in 8 years, other interests....school, work, etc. Think about it a lot, it was a lot of fun.

Sooooo.....

when are you going back?

pumasight
11/28/2008 2:14pm,
I'm investigating what i want to get into, my Sensei is no longer living and I want to visit a Wing Chun Kuen school here in Fort Worth and see if I want to try a striking art. For various reasons, (unreliable knees, back surgery-fully recovered) I'm not sure being tossed about in the Dojo would be a good idea. The school has a good rep and the style of teaching appeals to me.

AlphaFoxtrot51
11/28/2008 2:18pm,
I'm investigating what i want to get into, my Sensei is no longer living and I want to visit a Wing Chun Kuen school here in Fort Worth and see if I want to try a striking art. For various reasons, (unreliable knees, back surgery-fully recovered) I'm not sure being tossed about in the Dojo would be a good idea. The school has a good rep and the style of teaching appeals to me.

Well good luck, I'm sure if you ask around someone's probably heard of the school. Just make sure you do your research.

HonkyTonkMan
11/28/2008 2:52pm,

Sounds like a pillow fighting school would be more appropriate for you, given your injuries.

Just kidding.

BudoMonkey
11/28/2008 2:56pm,
Hi, welcome.

Question- Are puma's known for having any sort of exceptional eyesight?

If so, I did not know that, and thank you sir for teaching me.

Oh wait, another question- How familiar are you with this forum? Do you understand it is my practically my duty to suggest that you see if there are any other striking styles, such as boxing, offered in your area as an alternative to the ever-dreaded wing chun?

cuatro76
11/28/2008 3:29pm,
You need to train here:
http://www.fwjudo.org/

They have some bad asses there. Forget wing chun. Do Judo!

Muerteds
11/28/2008 7:36pm,
Pumasight- I'm from the Fort Worth area (bit south, actually- Johnson County). I know a number of martial arts instructors in the area. The only one I can think of who does Wing Chun does not currently teach a lot (some lessons on Saturdays). And then, you get an amalgam of stuff, not just the Wing Chun. However, he might be able to give me the name of his teacher. This all depends on me getting the word through the grapevine to him, as he's not online that I'm aware of. Since I'm going home on leave soon, I might be able to get the name directly.

Also, where in the Fort Worth area are you? Is Burleson close enough to attend classes at, or is that too far? There's a school there that teaches judo, jukoryu jujitsu, and the hanbo. For a guy with a lot of health problems, learning the hanbo (3-foot staff) might be useful. Never know when your walking stick will come in handy.

Hope any of this helps.