PDA

View Full Version : BJJ: 1, K-9: 0

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hesperus
11/27/2008 4:15pm,
We can only hope it (http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/story.html?id=2145639a-e37a-42e5-bcec-e8227a58aa0d) was a triangle choke.

Permalost
11/27/2008 4:36pm,
I once outgrappled someone's dog at the beach on Labor Day. I was on my skateboard and it jumped over a sea wall to attack me. It bit my shoulder but just got a mouthful of shirt but still pulled me down. I pushed down on its head and sprawled my legs back to avoid its teeth. It tore up my shirt but I ended up holding it down in a sort of scarf hold in a corner where two fences meet so it couldn't squirm out backwards. I was on a boardwalk and a bike ran over my shin, getting another confused body into the mix when he was thrown off balance. All the while, my ipod is playing ska, since I didn't have time to pause it. Happy trumpets played in my ears the whole time, which was kind of surreal. Its owners came and got it and I was really pissed at them for having a dog like that roaming free on a crowded day.

KO'd N DOA
11/27/2008 4:53pm,
Obviously that kid plays with some big dogs back home, most police dogs are German Shepherds and strangers do well to keep their hands back from the throat.

The first kid had teh BJJ, the second one relied on a striking art, maybe boxing.

Permalost
11/27/2008 5:05pm,
I'm sure he'll get in lots of trouble for choking a police dog.

AlphaFoxtrot51
11/27/2008 5:13pm,
I won't lie, that's pretty fucking good if you can choke out a police dog while it's "apprehending" you. If anyone has ever seen a live demonstration of canine drills, it means you're damned fast.

3moose1
11/27/2008 5:24pm,
Lol, i out-grapple my dog on a regular basis.

Then it bites me, and i say, "****, that hurts"

Rancid Pantaloons
11/27/2008 6:04pm,
We(my platoon) did some mass control which included canines in the military. I have seen what an "angry" dog can do. I am impressed. A German Sheperd can **** you up.

Holy Moment
11/27/2008 7:08pm,
My pet Schnauzer isn't that hard to choke out once you get past the beard, but my grandma's overweight Bichon Frise is a real challenge.

Edit: It should be noted, though, that my Schnauzer is the better striker of the two. He's good with his hands and has a really nice Thai clinch. When he used to live with my grandma and her three female Bichon's he liked to get up on his hind legs and smack them all in the face. He was a puppy then.

ggddcc
11/27/2008 8:16pm,
"A 1998 Plymouth Neon was spotted by police driving erratically around 11:30 p.m."

Actually- no one wins.

3moose1
11/27/2008 10:37pm,
My pet Schnauzer isn't that hard to choke out once you get past the beard.

But you can't get past the beard.

Colby
11/27/2008 10:45pm,
A correct K-9 would probably not have this happen to it. Remember, there are several types of K-9's, and not all are trained to fight humans. This sounds like a detection dog.

My step dad used to be a K-9 officer, and his dog was trained to fight humans. There was once a violent criminal he chased down, and the criminal hid under the crawl space under an old house. They tracked him there, and my step dad told the guy to come out or he'd send in the dog. The criminal was a big athletic black dude, and told my step dad that he'd kill the dog because he had a knife. The dog was sent in, and dragged the dude out by his ass...literally. The guy was tore up and balling like a baby.

Even the Schutzhund trained dogs most police departments get are sort of the wash-outs for competition dogs...

Snake Plissken
11/27/2008 10:47pm,
A few years ago my dalmatian burst out of the front door and took off down the street. I ran after it, chased it down and tackled it by its hind legs so it dropped to the ground on its face as I rolled to the right, still holding its legs, forcing it to roll onto its back.

I stood up, elbow and knees all skinned and bloodied, grabbed it by its collar and carried it back to the house....all the while it looking confused at me.

It never tried to get loose again.

3moose1
11/27/2008 10:49pm,
A few years ago my dalmatian burst out of the front door and took off down the street. I ran after it, chased it down and tackled it by its hind legs so it dropped to the ground on its face as I rolled to the right, still holding its legs, forcing it to roll onto its back.

I stood up, elbow and knees all skinned and bloodied, grabbed it by its collar and carried it back to the house....all the while it looking confused at me.

It never tried to get loose again.

LOL, i would have paid to see this.

Snake Plissken
11/27/2008 10:51pm,
there were copious amounts of "************" shouted.

AlphaFoxtrot51
11/27/2008 11:13pm,
there were copious amounts of "************" shouted.

By you or by the dog? :suicide:

marcusdbrutus
11/27/2008 11:15pm,
We can only hope it (http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/story.html?id=2145639a-e37a-42e5-bcec-e8227a58aa0d) was a triangle choke.

Arterial chokes don't work on dogs, their blood vessels aren't exposed in the neck like ours are. It would have had to be windpipe. :angry2:

Sincerely, Cpt. Buzzkill.