PDA

View Full Version : Silva fighting as early as UFC 91 if possible

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Demon Eyes
10/29/2008 12:18am,
Silva, dissappointed with his performance against Cote, is asking Dana to get back into the cage as soon as possible, even the next pay-per-view.

http://www.themmapost.com/2008/10/anderson-silva-to-possibly-fight-on.html

Now, the chances of this happening is slim. Dana has UFC 93 plannned out if I recall. As well as the fact that finding Silva a suitable opponent in such a short amount of time will be extremely difficult.

However, if able, who do you guys believe Silva should fight next?

selfcritical
10/29/2008 12:28am,
It should probably be someone at 205, preferably who isn't a huge player in title contention right now.

Hehe.

Soku.

rordogs
10/29/2008 12:58am,
rich franklin
again
with one arm tied behind his back

tharuz
10/29/2008 1:08am,
GSP before he fights BJ Penn

Frenzal
10/29/2008 4:12am,
Chuck

SgtGF
10/29/2008 6:17am,
Well, there's rumor's of Robbie Lawler coming back to the UFC. There'd be decent draw for Silva vs Lawler. No, I don't think Lawler has much of a chance, but it'd probably be a fun fight to watch, and it would let ol' Dana put a few nails in EXC's coffin.

Kambei Shimada
10/29/2008 6:46am,
I'm pretty sure It'll be Chuck.

(Which is a dangerous match up IMO if there's a fighter out there capable of knocking out Anderson Silva its Chuck Lidell)

pauli
10/29/2008 6:52am,
any word on if chuck has gotten his head examined yet, as required by the commission?

v1y
10/29/2008 8:02am,
so much for wanting all of his fights to be "events"

codo3500
10/29/2008 8:20am,
Silva vs. Chuck, now that would be a hell of a fight, personally i dont think silva would have a problem, but it would prove once again that silva really is the man.

selfcritical
10/29/2008 8:24am,
No MW who's in title contention would possibly take the fight on short notice. It would have to be a LHW, with the knowledge that they won't drop from title contention if they lose the fight. Mid-Tier LHW like Soku, Cane, Eastman(is he even still in the UFC?) etc. Matt Hamil would probably do it.

Teh El Macho
10/29/2008 8:52am,
No MW who's in title contention would possibly take the fight on short notice. It would have to be a LHW, with the knowledge that they won't drop from title contention if they lose the fight. Mid-Tier LHW like Soku, Cane, Eastman(is he even still in the UFC?) etc. Matt Hamil would probably do it.

I'd like to see "The Beast" going at it again. Not that I think he has a chance, but I like the dude. No disrespect to Sokoudjou , but I don't see him as a mid-tier LHW. Not. At. All.

If he weren't a title contender, I'd like to see Rashad going at it with Silva.

pauli
10/29/2008 8:58am,
marvin eastman is presently a middleweight (where he belongs), and not fighting for the ufc.

PointyShinyBurn
10/29/2008 9:10am,
Mid-Tier LHW like Soku, Cane, Eastman(is he even still in the UFC?) etc. Matt Hamil would probably do it.Eastman just got KTFO by Denis Kang in some local promotion (at 185, which is where he belongs). This probably means he's not under UFC contract any more.

I'd be interested too see how Silva handles a big wrestler like Hamill.

E-Van
10/29/2008 9:11am,
chuck and silva would be interesting. I would actualy like Lawler Silva more I think. Chuck and Silva are both two counter punchers and both I think are fighting not to losse instead of to win. I think Lawler would come out guns a blazin with nothing to realy losse and everything to win. I think it would make for a better fight.

DKJr
10/29/2008 9:23am,
They might try Nate Marquardt again hes been looking really good recently, and I've not been keeping up to date with the up coming fights but Rashad Evans vs Forrest Griffin? What about the Barabarian Tim Boetsch? I demand more Boetsch!