PDA

View Full Version : Scarred by Kung Fu.

Pages : [1] 2

Monkeybasher
10/27/2008 11:49am,
Greetings and salutations.

Thought id say hi to everyone here and have to admit that I have wasted a few years studying from crappy instructors.

Time to move on and learn.

TKDBot
10/27/2008 11:50am,
Welcome aboard, Monkeybasher! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

pauli
10/27/2008 12:01pm,
welcome to bullshido!

so you've been scarred by kung fu, and moved onto systema?

Monkeybasher
10/27/2008 12:15pm,
welcome to bullshido!

Scarred by the terrible instructors.

Moved to systema after 3 years of tkd and a year of kickboxing. I find systema well the class im in anyway is pretty open to many styles. Alot of guys in there have done martial arts for years and have moved onto this style because there are no forms or formalities. We fight and train with each other.

Frank White
10/27/2008 12:28pm,
Don't worry, lot of folks are scared by kung fu, and it's deadliness. Most of the guys here are scared by it too. You'll do fine.

blisterstarr
10/27/2008 1:37pm,
welcome to bullshido!

thats what i was thinking lol

Nefron
10/27/2008 1:39pm,
What was wrong with your kickboxing gym?

TheRuss
10/27/2008 1:59pm,
We fight and train with each other.

Do you actually fight with each other?

Shaolindelt
10/27/2008 2:06pm,
Greetings and salutations.

Thought id say hi to everyone here and have to admit that I have wasted a few years studying from crappy instructors.

Time to move on and learn.

Well, at least now you know what to look for, and what NOT to look for.

Omega Supreme
10/27/2008 2:44pm,
You do know that systema isn't even a martial art?

You didn't?

Damn, you suck.

Nefron
10/27/2008 4:22pm,
*Grabs popcorn and waits for Monkeybasher*

Monkeybasher
10/27/2008 11:05pm,
Do you actually fight with each other?

thats the only reason im still doing systema. We actually fight.

1 on 1, 2 on 1 and group scenarios.

Fight fight, not this "stop an inch in front of your face and pretend that hit connected"

On the feet or on the ground. We get alot of wing chun guys that come in to test it out and they always revert to the chain punches. Chain punches get spear tackled and choked out.

The systema i see on youtube is not the stuff we do. Its the people you train with as well.

Monkeybasher
10/27/2008 11:09pm,
You do know that systema isn't even a martial art?

You didn't?

Damn, you suck.

Haha, yea. Its the style i train in at the moment.

Don't get me wrong the way i fight is alot closer to taekwondo and kickboxing. Im training in systema so im going to say thats the style i do.

THen again they told me that the wing chun kung fu they taught me was a martial art. Who knows...........Maybe i should join the cobra kai dojo.

TheRuss
10/27/2008 11:58pm,

And when you conduct these two-on-one fights, does the "on one" get shitpumped every time?

Omega Supreme
10/28/2008 1:17am,

Fight fight, not this "stop an inch in front of your face and pretend that hit connected"

On the feet or on the ground. We get alot of wing chun guys that come in to test it out and they always revert to the chain punches. Chain punches get spear tackled and choked out.

The systema i see on youtube is not the stuff we do. Its the people you train with as well.

Fighting with a kangaroo for sexual positions does not count.

Skillful
10/28/2008 7:17am,
Fighting with a kangaroo for sexual positions does not count.

Oh, it counts for something, my friend. It counts for something.