PDA

View Full Version : UFC 89 *spoliers* "Is that what you guys came to see?"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mumbler
10/19/2008 8:46pm,
err.. well kinda just what we expected Chris.

No great surprises really: leben loves inviting damage, and bisping aint the worlds best finisher. I enjoyed it though.

But, what the **** was with the paul taylor vs chris lytle fight? big looping punches are worth more than direct strikes? even if you are gassed, and will be getting bitched if the fight goes any further? Taylor had that one imo.

Holy Moment
10/19/2008 8:51pm,
It's so awesome that Paul Taylor can fight at an exciting, high-speed pace all throughout a fight. Hopefully the UFC will keep him around for that and because he attracts English fans.

3moose1
10/19/2008 8:52pm,
I can has crotch strikes plz?

Or as the group i watched it with (MI bullies represent!) called it, "womens' self defense seminar strikes"

EmperorCesar
10/19/2008 9:05pm,
The event was boring as hell. The Bisping v Leben was entertaining though.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
10/19/2008 9:47pm,
Anyone else think Sokujdo's career in the UFC is over? I hope so, because I hate spelling his name.

Other than the Marcus Davis fight that was a horrible card.

3moose1
10/19/2008 9:52pm,
Anyone else think Sokujdo's career in the UFC is over? I hope so, because I hate spelling his name.

For a Judo guy, he doesn't JUDOWN very much.

foxd
10/19/2008 9:56pm,
I can has crotch strikes plz?

Or as the group i watched it with (MI bullies represent!) called it, "womens' self defense seminar strikes"

They didn't even look like failed leg kicks like they usually are. Those bastards came straight up from floor to nuts.

P-Dub
10/19/2008 10:00pm,
Rumor has it he's gonna fight Chris Lytle at the Ireland show. If they both fight like they did yesterday, it'll be a long night for Lytle.

Beezer
10/19/2008 10:32pm,
Boring card, I'm glad it was free.

3moose1
10/19/2008 10:44pm,
Boring card, I'm glad it was free.

Where the hell werey ou yeseterday!?!??!!

troile
10/19/2008 11:15pm,
how many southpaws were there on that card?

selfcritical
10/19/2008 11:47pm,
I liked the main event just fine, and Paul Taylor was very entertaining.

datdamnmachine
10/20/2008 12:42am,

Who knows. He's currently 1-2; there are people with more horrible records then that who keep coming back.

Unfortunately, his two losses in the UFC showed what Rogan (whether you like him or not, he seems to be spot on) stated and that is as long as you can weather the early storm, your odds increase.

***EDIT***

Oh, and this card sucked so much ass. Damn glad it was free. Reminded me of UFC: Knockout were there weren't any knockouts!

Kentucky Fried Chokin
10/20/2008 12:49am,
Who knows. He's currently 1-2; there are people with more horrible records then that who keep coming back.

Unfortunately, his two losses in the UFC showed what Rogan (whether you like him or not, he seems to be spot on) stated and that is as long as you can weather the early storm, your odds increase.

***EDIT***

Oh, and this card sucked so much ass. Damn glad it was free. Reminded me of UFC: Knockout were there weren't any knockouts!

Yeah, but his one win was over Nakamura who was immediatley kicked out of the UFC and this loss was to someone I've barely heard of and only see once before on the main card. I think Sokjduoudoku will get sent down to the undercard again and if he doesn't win then, we'll never see him again.

theotherserge
10/20/2008 12:53am,
I liked the Bisping fight, it showed good strategy and understanding of what he could/could not do. Not teh awesume for fight-fans but I like seeing good planning executed.

datdamnmachine
10/20/2008 1:11am,
Yeah, but his one win was over Nakamura who was immediatley kicked out of the UFC and this loss was to someone I've barely heard of and only see once before on the main card. I think Sokjduoudoku will get sent down to the undercard again and if he doesn't win then, we'll never see him again.

True, it probably is a trip to undercard again. The fact is, two things can happen for him. One, he works on the things that are causing him problems in fights; i.e. over aggressiveness with his striking talents, under aggressiveness with his Judo talents, possible gas issues. Two, he becomes a gatekeeper of sorts in a very flooded light-heavyweight division. He spectacularly destroys the wannabes while providing a test to the possibly contenders.

While writing this, I actually thought that a good match would be him and Vera. They both have technically dropped their last 2 of 3 fights. This would be somewhat of a loser leaves UFC type fight. It could be the opening fight on the main card.