PDA

View Full Version : Customized online MMA Training??? WTF?!

rkonb
10/07/2008 11:00am,
http://www.mawarrior.net/web/index2.php?option=home

When I saw the ad for the site listed above, I could hardly believe my eyes. I think that site may be the ultimate McDojo. It's the equivalent of the mail order black belt for the technology age. Ridiculous!

BudoMonkey
10/07/2008 11:07am,
Holy sheeyit...

In the contact section, it doesn't list an email contact for them, it just sends it automatically. Anybody know how to figure out who started this website?

I sent them a very nasty comment...

Lindz
10/07/2008 11:29am,
Good luck reaching an actual human being with this info. But here's the publicly available info on the website owner

domain: mawarrior.net
created: 02-Aug-2008

registrant-firstname: Oneandone
registrant-lastname: Private Registration
registrant-organization: 1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact
registrant-street1: 701 Lee Road, Suite 300
registrant-street2: ATTN: mawarrior.net
registrant-pcode: 19087
registrant-state: PA
registrant-city: Chesterbrook
registrant-ccode: US
registrant-phone: +1.8772064254
registrant-email: [email protected]

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=mawarrior.net&tld=com

hegs
10/07/2008 11:32am,
^ That's just the hosting company ( One and One).

BackFistMonkey
10/07/2008 11:37am,
http://www.mawarrior.net/web/index2.php?option=home

When I saw the ad for the site listed above, I could hardly believe my eyes. I think that site may be the ultimate McDojo. It's the equivalent of the mail order black belt for the technology age. Ridiculous!

This has to be piss take or a joke set up by a member here . It is only 2-3 months old and ...

Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

I refuse to go to sites that demand cookies and collect information ( unless it is a forum ) .

SgtGF
10/07/2008 12:08pm,
Don't you just love lines like this?

This is for people who want to train in martial arts from the comfort of their own home.

I'm surprised they didn't add something to the effect of: "Get your UFC Contract in 90 days or your money back!" somewhere in there.

musicalmike235
10/07/2008 1:18pm,
Don't you just love lines like this?

This is for people who want to train in martial arts from the comfort of their own home.

If comfort plays any part in your Martial Arts training (other than stretches and/or warmups), you are doing something wrong; at least that's what I tend to think.

rkonb
10/07/2008 7:32pm,
Very true Mike. You know, I may just sign up for this thing for the 'Trial' period just so we can gain access to the 'real' knowledge they possess. LOL

Diesel_tke
10/07/2008 7:43pm,
It's cool how they say that all of the instructors have bio's listed in the online training section but then you go in there and you have to sign up first to enter. Nice.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
10/07/2008 7:49pm,
Don't the Machados have something like this? Online training?

Diesel_tke
10/07/2008 8:01pm,
Yeah, theirs is basically an online database of jiu-jitsu instructional videos. You can also ask questions where JJ Machado will answer them on videos with instructional info. There are a couple of these but they are from legitimate sources.

Just as a side note, on the Machado one you can't get a belt online but if you are a member, you can go to where JJ is training and test for belts.

SgtGF
10/08/2008 5:45am,
If comfort plays any part in your Martial Arts training (other than stretches and/or warmups), you are doing something wrong; at least that's what I tend to think.

Oh I don't know, I find something very comforting in exchanging hip throws and arm bars.

musicalmike235
10/08/2008 6:50am,
Oh I don't know, I find something very comforting in exchanging hip throws and arm bars. Administering a hip throw and an arm bar, maybe. Taking one (even if I know how to breakfall) not so much.