PDA

View Full Version : After months of dicking around, I've decided to join a real gym

Pages : [1] 2

King Sleepless
9/30/2008 3:49pm,
And by real gym, I mean one that has a decent amount to offer me and a good group of people to spar with and become better at this craft that I'm trying so hard to hone.

I didn't know this, but Mr. Jason Von Flue, opened up a gym here in my town, which really surprised me because, what the hell would this town have for him? Oh well, it's cool. Whatever the case, I win.

Yesterday was my first class and, being the retard that I am, decided, after not having trained in months, jumped into their Muay Thai conditioning class. Thank God for my demi-god cardio. Even having not trained in months and really having not done anything except sit on my ass looking sexy and the bi-weekly sexcapades, I was the last one to drop. I'm not gonna lie, I was about ready to die of exhaustion. I haven't felt like that in a while, which only made me feel shittier because that only meant that I was REALLY out of shape.

I used to be able to run almost 3/4 mile full sprint before dying of exhaustion and crashing and vomitting all over the place. Now I can't even take a 1 hour cardio class without wanting to die.

I haven't really been keeping up with MMA drama really or their fighters, so how does Jason Von Flue stack up? Anybody know anything about him? I'm not so in on all of your cool little websites so I can't seem to figure out a way to look him up.

TheRuss
9/30/2008 3:51pm,
Sherdog: It's not just Kimbo Slice nuthuggers.

http://sherdog.com/fighter/Jason-Von-Flue-549

King Sleepless
9/30/2008 3:55pm,
That really doesn't tell me anything but his record.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
9/30/2008 3:58pm,
He was a replacement on one season of TUF, after which he lost to Joe Riggs and that's the last I ever heard of him.

TheRuss
9/30/2008 4:11pm,
That really doesn't tell me anything but his record.

In fairly fine-grained detail (names, dates, outcomes). What were you looking for? Upcoming fights?

Ka-Bar
9/30/2008 4:14pm,
He popularized the Von Flue choke.

King Sleepless
9/30/2008 4:24pm,
Well I want to know if anybody could help me find his lineage and if there's anything special I can find about him?

DerAuslander
9/30/2008 4:26pm,
That's so cool that he got good at a choke that has the same name as him!

Ka-Bar
9/30/2008 4:30pm,
Just a coincidence. Same thing for D'Arce chokes.

TheRuss
9/30/2008 4:30pm,
Well I want to know if anybody could help me find his lineage and if there's anything special I can find about him?

a) More information about the gym would be helpful (name, location, website, claimed disciplines, etc).
b) His Wikipedia page has a link to his "official Myspace", so you could stalk him there.
c) If you're at his gym, you could ask him (or the other people there).

King Sleepless
9/30/2008 4:31pm,
Honestly, I'm afraid of talking to people and asking questions about them personally.

Ka-Bar
9/30/2008 4:36pm,
Von Flue trains at The Pit with John Hackleman and Chuck Liddell.

King Sleepless
9/30/2008 4:40pm,
Von Flue trains at The Pit with John Hackleman and Chuck Liddell.

Awesome. Now we're getting somewhere.

What do we know about the pit? What's the philosophical style of training?

Skillful
9/30/2008 4:47pm,
I just got a catalogue from Throwdown that had articles on 1: The Pit, 2: Chuck Liddell, and 3: John Hackleman. I threw it out because I don't pay $80 for gloves. But if you contacted them and asked for their most recent catalogue, you might get somewhere.

CoffeeFan
9/30/2008 4:48pm,

Train hard and push yourselves to the limit?

Ka-Bar
9/30/2008 4:50pm,

Are you serious or are you just trolling? The Pit teaches kajukenbo/Hawaiian kenpo, wrestling and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.