PDA

View Full Version : Fake moon landing?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

elipson
9/28/2008 7:04pm,
Myth busters proved they did go to the moon Bitches!

YouTube - Mythbusters Moon Footprint Hoax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5taIxlNA_Lw)

YouTube - Mythbuster moon hoax busted pt.1 Flag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCPIchZDSr4&feature)

YouTube - Moon Myth BUSTED! Moon Laser! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orvMZn8L1f0&feature)

YouTube - Mythbusters Moonwalk hoax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE4w2MIYhC4&feature)

Suck it conspiracy nuts!

Vieux Normand
9/28/2008 7:35pm,
Yeah, right.

They supposedly got to the moon.

But where was the man-in-the-moon? And the cow jumping over the moon? Tell me those wouldn't have shown up somewhere in all this supposed "lunar-landing footage". And did Armstrong and his fellow "moon-walkers" ever, ever bring back any green cheese?

Case closed.

Transcendent Sunchips
9/28/2008 7:47pm,
Yeah, right.

They supposedly got to the moon.

But where was the man-in-the-moon? And the cow jumping over the moon? Tell me those wouldn't have shown up somewhere in all this supposed "lunar-landing footage". And did Armstrong and his fellow "moon-walkers" ever, ever bring back any green cheese?

Case closed.

I think we should go to the source. Buzz Aldrin would like to argue your point and debunk any skepticism:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKxAqpjroo)

mrm1775
9/29/2008 2:13am,
Dammit, elipson, are you trying to bring the idiots out of the woodwork?

The last thing we need is another epic display of stupidity like the 9/11 thread.

TheRuss
9/29/2008 11:18am,
I think we should go to the source. Buzz Aldrin would like to argue your point and debunk any skepticism

Oh.
My.
God.

It's like the skies have opened up and started raining candy. I'm going to ride this high clear through lunchtime.

hpr
9/29/2008 11:32am,
Buzz sure knows how to argue his point. Respect to the moonwalkers!

Well, not MJ, but everybody else.

**** conspiracy theorists. They're pissing on everyone who had to perform goddamn near miracles to get that absolutely awesome feat of science and bravery done.

DannyMac
9/29/2008 1:23pm,
Oh.
My.
God.

It's like the skies have opened up and started raining candy. I'm going to ride this high clear through lunchtime.

I think debate would be instantly more entertaining if more people took the Buzz Aldrin approach.

Ming Loyalist
9/29/2008 1:32pm,
the mythbusters seemed to take more personal pleasure in debunking this myth than any other myth in the history of the show.

i think it's a generational thing. my uncle feels the same way about the conspiracy theories about the moon landing.

Father Dagon
10/03/2008 4:47am,
What the tinfoil gang omits from this conspiracy theory is that the Soviet Union was a lethal enemy to the West. The cold war wasn't some proxy wars here and some propaganda bantering there. It was a total war. Any front. Any time. Any means. Period.

So the soviets had everything to gain by blow the whistle on a moon hoax. And they had far more resources and organization than the radio amateurs that tracked the broadcasts from the Apollo missions, etc, etc.

But they didn't. The most simple answer to why the soviets didn't call that bluff is that there was no bluff to call. But for a tinfoiler that only opens up for a bigger and far more grandiose conspiracy theory: There was a third part that was able to both keep the US and the Soviet Union in check. The illuminati. The green lizards from outer space. The jews.

Eddie Hardon
10/03/2008 6:29am,
Buzz sure knows how to argue his point. Respect to the moonwalkers!

Well, not MJ, but everybody else.

**** conspiracy theorists. They're pissing on everyone who had to perform goddamn near miracles to get that absolutely awesome feat of science and bravery done.

Sadly, the youtube excerpts are blocked in the office (and I really must sign up 'cos I miss so much).

That said, I'm watching Discovery (UK) at the moment and they're reviewing the whole Space Programme (UK sp) and it ever more impresses me, by this, I mean the Courage (physical and moral) of those involved. As I child, I remember being agog when Apollo VIII went around the Moon. It was Christmas 1968 and (being in a big family) we were all watching the events on our B&W TV. When the Moon Landing occured, I was on a family holiday in Ireland so only have a passing memory of the event after it had actually taken place. I wasn't going to be allowed to stay up until 3AM...that's for sure, and I'd probably have fallen asleep anyway...

As a child, you tend to take these things for granted that success will be guaranteed. It's only when you mature and then look back and realise the sheer technical difficulty, ingenuity, COURAGE, and thoughtfulness that went in to making it such a stunning success. In addition, the other thing that stands out is the youth of all those involved.

It remains astonishing that President Kennedy could have set such a target ("to send a Man to the Moon and return him safely to the Earth" - are I think his exact words) and had it achieved. Absolutely fantastic.

I'm also reminded of (possibly) and apocryphal story about a facility inspection when an officious official asked a sweeper what he was doing. The reply was "I'm helping to land a Man on the Moon". Brilliant comment on the Teamwork necessary to have attained the goal.

Anyone who seriously doubts the veracity of the Moon Landings is either deliberately being a contrarian or deluded.

Cheers

blisterstarr
11/10/2008 1:53pm,
I will say I have heard a great amount of believable things for both sides. I honestly don't know what to believe about the moon landing.

I'm about at 60% we did go 40% we didn't go at that time.

Not that i think going to the moon is not possible or wasn't possible then. But its more concerning the moon landing video its self.

I wish I could get someone drunk who worked for Nasa and they could tell me what really was up.

TheRuss
11/10/2008 1:58pm,
I will say I have heard a great amount of believable things for both sides.

You need to go out and buy a new bullshit detector - your current one is broken.

DKJr
11/10/2008 2:04pm,
Don't you guys get it there is no MOON! Its a hoax by the aliens to make us think nighttime exists so they can steal our dreams. Duh!

HonkyTonkMan
11/10/2008 2:06pm,
Whoa Whoa Whoa....

We went to the moon? When? I hadnt heard anything about it. I guess next thing we know we will be using satellites to locate people all over the globe and America will elect a black President.

Whoa Whoa Whoa....

Theres a style called MMA? When did it start? I hadnt heard anything about it. Next thing we know someone will say that Ninjitsu isnt real and that bites and eye gouges cant beat a wrestler.

Dammit, elipson, are you trying to bring the idiots out of the woodwork?

The last thing we need is another epic display of stupidity like the 9/11 thread.

Whats 9/11? Did something happen?

HonkyTonkMan
11/10/2008 2:09pm,
I will say I have heard a great amount of believable things for both sides. I honestly don't know what to believe about the moon landing.

I'm about at 60% we did go 40% we didn't go at that time.

Not that i think going to the moon is not possible or wasn't possible then. But its more concerning the moon landing video its self.

I wish I could get someone drunk who worked for Nasa and they could tell me what really was up.

Just saw this post. I would like to answer this one in a clear concise manner.

ARE YOUR PARENTS AWARE THAT YOU HAVE ELECTRICITY IN THE BASEMENT?
STOP POSTING YOU FUCKING MORON.

Hope that cleared things up.

theotherserge
11/10/2008 2:50pm,
I'm about 60% positive that we'll have a black president one day.