PDA

View Full Version : Banner begone

polemos
9/27/2008 3:50pm,
Hi,

I do wing chun 6 years now. I like it and I have used it in the street with success. I don't like saying blah blah about me and I prefer to read martial experiences from others.:pity:

As my first act in joining this forum I propose to remove the noob post banner.

TKDBot
9/27/2008 3:51pm,
We knew you could do it! polemos posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

DerAuslander
9/27/2008 3:53pm,
Always good to see another Chunner sign up!

polemos
9/28/2008 12:24pm,
Nice to find you. Nice forum.

Especially the Chun weeks are adorable here.

pauli
9/28/2008 12:25pm,
welcome to bullshido! fill out your profile.

Tonuzaba
9/28/2008 1:23pm,
...Especially the Chun weeks are adorable here.
Well hello there, student of the Beautiful spring!

Welcome to Bullshido, the place with the biggest concentration of chun-bashers and ex-chunner martial arts enthusiasts on the planet!

Would you mind telling us a bit more about yourself even though you prefer not to blah-blah?

I don't want to read blah-blah either, so don't type that here, I was rather thinking of more details about your actual training: maybe a link to your school, your description of the trainings, especially about the sparring if there's any.

Videos would immensely help.

Thanx and have a fruitful stay here.

polemos
10/03/2008 3:20pm,
Hello to you too,

there is no true sparring in wing chun friend, I believe you know that. The only way to spar is by picking up fights outside the school.

I trained under Sifu Tassos (ving tshun), under a student of Wong Shun Leung and under another sifu (I wish not to mention) Ving Tsun.

A lot of _ing _sun. Do you know the differences between these $tyles?

Tonuzaba
10/03/2008 4:48pm,
I trained under Sifu Tassos (ving tshun), under a student of Wong Shun Leung and under another sifu (I wish not to mention) Ving Tsun.

I only trained in Leung Ting Wing Tsun under HWTO, but since I'm interested in the topic for years, I witnessed different types of chun via training, over the Internet, in books, etc...

You can search and find several lineages being discussed (to death) here on Bullshido too. Just please, don't start yet another "mine is better, you all suck" thread - unless you're the chun saviour we've all been waiting for - who'll actually school-storm every single chun gym in the world and beat up every instructor/si fu and thus prove his/her lineage's superiority...

...there is no true sparring in wing chun friend, I believe you know that. The only way to spar is by picking up fights outside the school.
No, I didn't know this.

Did your si-fu's actually tell you to go pick fights?

Did you?

Did they?

Don't you guys put up protective gear and try to bash each others skulls in, so to speak, from time to time?

Don't you at least do Lat sau? Something not drill-like, to test if you can really do something about a kick or punch travelling fast towards you...

FickleFingerOfFate
10/03/2008 5:18pm,
Hello to you too,

there is no true sparring in wing chun friend, I believe you know that. The only way to spar is by picking up fights outside the school.

Welcome,

I can see you're going to be a lot of fun to have around the boards.

See you in YMAS! :evil3:

polemos
10/04/2008 2:43am,
Ok,

Ving tshun is a replica of Leung Ting perception of Wing Chun (Sifu Tassos used to be under him),

yes the third Sifu (whom the name I wish not to mention) was telling us to pick up fights,

yes I did,

some did, some didn't (pick fights),

we always used to "put up protective gear and try to bash each others skulls in, so to speak, from time to time",

Of course we did Lat sau, Chi sao and drills (hey dude I said wing chun not "baby chun-chun"),

I totaly don't care about any lineage. I am not superman, Neo or the Chun savior either. Why does the wing chun needs to be saved anyway?

Friend haven't you noticed the "$" in the "$tyle" I typed in my previous reply?

I believe true sparring means freedom of movement, no fixed positions and a lot of accidental pain. What is your oppinion about this?

I asked you if you know the differences about these styles in case you wish me to share with you some of my experiences (and not blah blah as you asked me), a give and take thing.

-Nice to find you FickleFingerofFate.-

polemos
10/04/2008 11:59am,
I have one more question to ask?

the Japanese kanji writing in the right side of the background of bullshido means: "Stupid, fraud, brainwashing", why?

FickleFingerOfFate
10/04/2008 12:02pm,
I have one more question to ask?

the Japanese kanji writing in the right side of the background of bullshido means: "Stupid, fraud, brainwashing", why?

Actually it translates to;

"Learn to Read Kanji,

Ask me how."

polemos
10/04/2008 12:05pm,
Nope, it doesn't dude.

FickleFingerOfFate
10/04/2008 12:08pm,
Were you born without a sense of humor,

or did you misplace it somewhere?

polemos
10/04/2008 12:12pm,
Ok you got me to that.

Tonuzaba
10/05/2008 11:13am,
...yes the third Sifu (whom the name I wish not to mention) was telling us to pick up fights,

yes I did Would you mind describing some of those?

You won't happen to have some on video, would you?

Then there's this I need you to clear up for me - you just wrote:

we always used to "put up protective gear and try to bash each others skulls in, so to speak, from time to time",
Of course we did Lat sau, Chi sao and drills (hey dude I said wing chun not "baby chun-chun"),
I believe true sparring means freedom of movement, no fixed positions and a lot of accidental pain. What is your oppinion about this? And before that you wrote that there's no real sparring in wing chun. So which one now? Is there, because you and I did it, or there isn't?

Why does the wing chun needs to be saved anyway? It actually doesn't, as long as you don't care.

If you care, something needs to be done.

Most people (not only on Bullshido) don't mind a dead cat's ass about wing chun not being saved, or more so: disappearing from the planet.

There are some who train in wing chun (or used to, like me), who think there are some things in the system that are worth keeping for future generations.

But it would take a saviour or wizard of some kind to convince the majority of the bazillion people who train all the latin letter versions of the Beautiful spring that in order to gain recognition within the fighting community CHANGE must be made.

And this change inadvertently involves getting hit in the face. A lot.