PDA

View Full Version : I am very lucky.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

reindo
9/25/2008 4:13pm,
I happen to be a law instructor at a european university,and at the same time try to get my Ph.D.
Okay so far so good.
I also have been interested in such martial arts where striking is the name of the game, kickboxing, WT (?) and JKD (mostly striking that is).
For more than a year actually I have been toying with the idea of starting with a grappling-wrestling style so that I can be a better and more complete fighter.
Since wrestling was only for the young, I mean it was not allowed for me to start by some sports clubs, Judo was the only option for me to go. Well I thought this was the case till today.

I am giving a course named "Introduction to Law" where I elaborate fundamental concepts of law like contracts, tort, civil rights etc.. After today's lecture, I went out to smoke with my students and we were also discussing some civil right related issues on the way. As I was smoking, I realized that a male student was applying a judo technique on his girlfriend or so I thought.
As I was passing by, I asked him where he learned Judo being fully sure of myself that it was Judo.
Muhaha well it was not.
Dude told me that he was a national boxing (or kickboxing) champion in Turkey and he studied Sambo by some Azerbaijani friends for 5 years .
I immdiately asked him if he were willing to teach me, and he said yes.
I am lucky I guess.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
9/25/2008 4:16pm,

ZenOfAnger
9/25/2008 4:18pm,
Is this supposed to be funny, or am I supposed to be happy for you?

No, really. I'm not sure.

BTW, what country is your "european university" located in?

Tom .C
9/25/2008 4:24pm,
You call that lucky? I just won a whole bunch of money from some lottery I've never heard of. I got the email to prove it. Oh lucky lucky me.

gandp1120
9/25/2008 4:26pm,
sambo=judo+leglocks

What is your point?

Domite
9/25/2008 4:27pm,

My thoughts exactly.

partyboy
9/25/2008 4:28pm,
I met this man in the park who said he was a great pedophile and I immediately asked him if he were willing to teach me and he said yes.

I am lucky I guess.

Snake Plissken
(@) (@)

reindo
Is this supposed to be funny, or am I supposed to be happy for you?

No, really. I'm not sure.

BTW, what country is your "european university" located in?
I was just sharing my happiness for I was dying to stuy Sambo. I just wanted to share this with you all.
Sambo and BJJ are virtually non-existent here, hence my happiness.
Mods please feel free to move this no newbietown, Oh BTW sorry for the inconvenience I caused to you wiseass.

reindo
9/25/2008 4:30pm,
I met this man in the park who said he was a great pedophile and I immediately asked him if he were willing to teach me and he said yes.

I am lucky I guess.
he is taking my class, not a complete stranger.
nevermind

CoffeeFan
9/25/2008 4:32pm,
You call that lucky? I just won a whole bunch of money from some lottery I've never heard of. I got the email to prove it. Oh lucky lucky me.

That is lucky!

Hey, I got an official check from the National Nigerian Bank for $10,000. Unfortunately I don't have a bank account, so I need you to deposit it, cut me a check for $5,000 ASAP so I can invest it in a deal that will end up earning us over $200,000! You get 100k for not investing any of your money! SO LUCKY!!!

On a serious note, I have no idea what to make of the OP's initial thread. Congrats?

CoffeeFan
9/25/2008 4:37pm,
I was just sharing my happiness for I was dying to stuy Sambo. I just wanted to share this with you all.
Sambo and BJJ are virtually non-existent here, hence my happiness.
Mods please feel free to move this no newbietown, Oh BTW sorry for the inconvenience I caused to you wiseass.

Ok, now I understand where you are coming from. Congrats then! :occasion1

Remember to tap early to the twisting leg locks.

Siniq
9/25/2008 4:46pm,
Psyduck anyone?
There IS a brag thread, you know!!! On a related note SEARCH FUNCTION N00b!1!!
Which contry are you from again?

reindo
9/25/2008 4:54pm,
I have a post there sinig.
and this thread is about my finding a SAMBO instructor, I see nothing to brag about it, to tell the truth. But I am definitely very excited about it.

Siniq
9/25/2008 5:08pm,
Sinig is another dude. I'm Siniq... WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Crushing Step
9/25/2008 5:47pm,
Hey Reindo, welcome to the comedy forum, here people will make fun of you...