PDA

View Full Version : Looking for training in Wihita, KS

Raskolnikov
9/25/2008 12:51pm,
Hello, I'm new here so I'm not 100% sure this is the correct forum for this request.

I'm looking for good reality based self-defense training in Wichita, KS. We have a guy near my house who is a level 5 Krav Mag instructor, but he's really busy teaching MMA and BJJ classes, so it doesn't look like he's going to offer Krav Maga instruction.

Does anyone know where I can get some solid self defense training in my area? I'm not really interested in the sport, spiritual, cultural, etc. aspects, but I'll try it if the training is good. I don't need any belts or anything like that, just want to learn defense to scenarios I'm likely to encounter.

I'm in a low risk category as far as that goes, but you never know what can happen!

Thanks in advance for any help.

soundless
9/25/2008 1:05pm,
This is indeed the wrong forum, it's for investigations.

edit: Also, just take up the mma, its realistic enough for christs sake, now lurk and get used to this forum before posting again.

mods request this be moved.

DerAuslander
9/25/2008 1:10pm,
Since you're new here, take the time to introduce yourself in the Newbietown forum. Familiarize yourself with the forums. Read the descriptions, rules, & other stickies.

For example...this does not belong in MABS. You are not calling for an investigation of anyone.

patfromlogan
9/25/2008 9:27pm,
Yeah, I agree with the above guy, go for the MMA and or BJJ. You'll learn tons that translates well to S-D.

The only school I know that trains real hard for just S-D (no sport but plenty of improvised response based on TMAs that = MMA) in a "live" manner is KSDI in Honolulu - wanna move?

There's a Muay Thai in Wichita, Google tells me, that might be fun too.