PDA

View Full Version : Does the banner go away after this?

Nosone
9/24/2008 9:57pm,
Hey all. Just a quick intro:

I'm fairly new to martial arts, although I've held a high interest in martial philosophy since I was a kid after reading books on JKD, Tai Chi, and Aikido. I mainly subscribe to the JKD philosophy of limitlessness, but (and I am trying to be extra careful here) I have recently started drilling with a school in OJKD under Sifu Richard Torres, which I find to be a lot like boxing/kickboxing. I'm also taking Aikido as a club sport at my college for housing points.

I've been drawn into the MMA craze of late, and I hope to be able to enter the amateur scene as a future hobby. I'm currently looking for a school that teaches Brazilian Jiu Jitsu so that I can have some base in a grappling art, though I've had trouble finding one in the Mid Hudson Valley that isn't run by such a controversial instructor as I've read Mr. Simco to be (not bashing, just saying). Anyone have any suggestions?

KungFuBot
9/24/2008 9:58pm,
We knew you could do it! Nosone posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

patt
9/24/2008 10:20pm,
Why not a japanese based or chinese based " jiu jitsu" ?

Nosone
9/24/2008 10:33pm,
Iunno. It's a craze in the MMA world so it would be a nice skill to have if I ever expect to get in the ring. That and I'm undereducated in the various grappling styles available. But I have looked for a Japanese based Jiu Jitsu in my area as well, and no such luck.

I'm not fully aware of any "ring-ready" Chinese grappling arts; what did you have in mind?