PDA

View Full Version : Tharuz gets pwnd, hilarity ensues

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

tharuz
9/20/2008 8:02pm,
Hi guys, I just wanted to see the comments on the houston throwdown, and I apologize in advance if this is not relevant to YMAS

in any case, I figure this is just like 3moose1's backyard beatdown, so here it is

YouTube - Tharuz gets donkey punched by Daniel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuTSdFUVrJY)

feedback is apreciated, please do not turn this thread into drama, and enjoy.

I was really disappointed MrBadGuy didn't show up, it could have been recorded into his forever fat thread.

did i make this long enough? I hope I did.

I would also like to take this time to ask nicely for y throwdown fist.

I love bullshido.

EDIT: Second Video

YouTube - Tharuz vs Daniel, rnd 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOXVwRFqL78)

Libertad
9/20/2008 8:07pm,
Who's the guy in the white shirt?

G-Off
9/20/2008 8:08pm,
Honestly dude, you look about how I pictured you...a little taller maybe. You're still an insufferable troll, but you get props from me for showing up and posting this afterwards. Well done on that.

Biggest thing I'd say is more head/hand movement and bend your knees a bit more. You're too upright and your chin is way up in the air. Try bending your knees more, staying on your toes to stay mobile, moving your head around and getting your arms in the way of punches. Work on the last two with a partner and hand pads.

tharuz
9/20/2008 8:08pm,
I'm the guy in the white shirt and black shorts

tharuz
9/20/2008 8:11pm,
Honestly dude, you look about how I pictured you...a little taller maybe. You're still an insufferable troll, but you get props from me for showing up and posting this afterwards. Well done on that.

Biggest thing I'd say is more head/hand movement and bend your knees a bit more. You're too upright and your chin is way up in the air. Try bending your knees more, staying on your toes to stay mobile, moving your head around and getting your arms in the way of punches. Work on the last two with a partner and hand pads.

Thanks for the advice, as for me looking like a typical troll.....umm...thanks. Even though I don't play WOW or any videogames at all I'm surprised I look and sound like an obese nerd.

it's not often that you get to see yourself on camera, so I'm a bit weirded out.

G-Off
9/20/2008 8:13pm,
Thanks for the advice, as for me looking like a typical troll.....umm...thanks. Even though I don't play WOW or any videogames at all I'm surprised I look and sound like an obese nerd.

it's not often that you get to see yourself on camera.

True. I found out I look like a flat-footed, slow hobbit (curly hair and shortness all) who doesn't keep his fucking hands up. I didn't really listen to how you sound.

3moose1
in any case, I figure this is just like 3moose1's backyard beatdown,

except i win/have skill

:p jk.

Good ****, buddy. Keep training, keep your hands up, and work your jab/combos.

indy007

He didn't have a choice. My camera, my youtube profile. It was going up no matter what.

:icon_mrgr

tharuz
9/20/2008 8:15pm,
except i win/have skill

:p jk.

Good ****, buddy. Keep training, keep your hands up, and work your jab/combos.

>:U

dude, I was outclassed. I swear my kicks are strong and my boxing technique is good.

you however, got to fight a karate kid :P

Libertad
9/20/2008 8:18pm,
I'm the guy in the white shirt and black shorts

Props for showing up man, how long have you been training?

G-Off
9/20/2008 8:19pm,
He didn't have a choice. My camera, my youtube profile. It was going up no matter what.

:icon_mrgr

Well...for showing up to spar then. Good on YOU for posting it. Heheh.

dude, I was outclassed. I swear my kicks are strong and my boxing technique is good.

Kicks? Maybe...I saw like, 2 of them. Boxing technique? Not so much. It's when you get hit that technique matters, and that's when yours disappeared. Your stance, hand height and head movement weren't bad when you weren't engaging, it's when you got hit than you stood straight up, leaned back and dropped your hands.

tharuz
9/20/2008 8:20pm,
3 months.

I grapple and spar muay thai. I never sparred MMA until today. I liked it a lot, I was expecting ground and pound from guard.

That's a good observation G-off, I will work on that.

M.C.
9/20/2008 8:22pm,
Can I have a "LOL" please? K thnx by...

Don't get me wrong but the three kick attempts I saw from you are neither fast nor strong, don't get me started on the technique.
Props for the fact that you tried to face your opponent and followed him when you were on the ground. (I would add something more positive but honestly there was nothing else!)

Libertad
9/20/2008 8:23pm,
That's cool man,
I cant really give advice but keep you hands up when you are getting hit.
Moose, you are surprisingly good for your age,
it will be interesting to see you in five years time.

indy007
9/20/2008 8:26pm,

I don't have much more experience than you do, and went from closed guard to RNC in 5 seconds our first roll. Got you with a sweep that shouldn't have worked the second, and you had no answers at all to being mounted.

Those fists in your style field... not so demonic. More drills & sparring, less trying to teach others.

Transcendent Sunchips
9/20/2008 8:26pm,
Chin down and hands up while you strike as well.