PDA

View Full Version : Help me

Mesteren
9/14/2008 8:17am,
hello i live in norway and dont know what ma to pick.
we have a itf tkd school, hkd school and a wado ryu karate school
the tkd school ist like u say it is, we learn sd and ground fighting + have a moderate sparring contact with low protection
i know little about the hkd school except its a 16 year age limit, and have been a few trainings in the karate school.
i personally think the tkd school is the best option but want to check out with u guys
thanks

TKDBot
9/14/2008 8:18am,
Welcome to the Bullshido Forums Mesteren... Make sure you review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83) and add it to your user control panel so you can get the http://www.bullshido.net/images/dojoreview1.gif icon in your user info bar in your posts.

jheers11
9/14/2008 8:35am,
Hmm that sucks....but you say the tkd school has ground fighting? I would like to hear more about this. But yes as i stand now I think the tkd school is ur best bet but let me hear more about the "ground fighting" first

Quija
9/14/2008 8:36am,
From what I know about TKD, TKD, especially ITKD schools shouldent have any ground fighting work, so what style are they incorporating for this? It's OK as long as they arent claiming it's all from TKD teachings.

Personally I love TKD, never had so much fun learning a style. It's a decent stand up style, don't listen to the folks who pick on it, they should be picking on folks who use it improperly(flying kicks=use sparingly, no punches=nono, hands at side? no way, and that wasent taught in my school either. chamber blocks? dont do it.) I've used front kick to the chin in real situations, as well as spinning kick to the jaw. Of course I only studied it for about 1 year, but if any situation arises that you have an opportunity for boot to the head action, TKD skills are good to have. I took WTF Tae Kwon Do. We did practice chambered blocks, but I found that anytime I really had to block my reaction was not to chamber first. Don't know if thats how it was intended or if I'm just lucky though. And like Myiagi said and Musahi practiced. "Best defense, no be there."

Mesteren
9/14/2008 8:44am,
Hmm that sucks....but you say the tkd school has ground fighting? I would like to hear more about this. But yes as i stand now I think the tkd school is ur best bet but let me hear more about the "ground fighting" first

bjj style ground fighting with chokes and arm/leg bars

Mesteren
9/14/2008 9:11am,
one more thing. the tkd school have half year contracts for 165$ and they dont care when we pay it, we can even go up to test without paying it, but if we do so they begin to nag about paying it. and i know most of the mony go to insurance.

P.S the instructors dont even get paid