PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!

SUMMASports
9/12/2008 12:03pm,
Just want to introduce my self! Whut up all! Jay Pages here! I'm from Phoenix, AZ and I run my Jiu-Jitsu program out of LA Boxing. I'm also a personal trainer. I look forward to reading all the interesting posts I've seen on here in the past.

OmegaBot
9/12/2008 12:04pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, SUMMASports, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

patfromlogan
9/15/2008 6:33pm,
Hey, some friends of mine got into a Kempo (Japanese I believe rather than Hawaiian) in your town and raved about it. Sounded cultish to me, does that ring a bell? And is your instruction in JJJ or BJJ or what?

SUMMASports
9/16/2008 12:24am,
Well, thanks for the warm welcome.

Kempo was big here at one time. There are still some schools from way back when that are still open. I don't think it's just Kempo that's cult like. Its any traditional martial arts like karate, tae kwon do, etc.

My instruction is all BJJ!

Kentucky Fried Chokin
9/16/2008 1:00am,
You live in AZ but run your gym out of LA Boxing? That must be a long commute!

*rimshot*

Skillful
9/16/2008 6:57am,
SUMMA,

If you're an instructor, it may be possible to get a "Instructor" tag next to your name when you post. If you're a purple belt or higher in BJJ and provide evidence, you might get a tag for that too. Do a search and find the criteria if you're interested. Keep a thick skin here and enjoy yourself.

SUMMASports
9/16/2008 3:13pm,
Skillful,

I'll look into that. Thanks for the Heads Up.

Razamataz,

Sure is! I drive from Phoenix to Orange County 7 Days a week! :)