PDA

View Full Version : I've seen the _ing&_ung on a subway in NYC while I was drunk in a robot costume

Pages : [1] 2

M.C.
9/07/2008 12:21pm,
Okay I lied, it was in the subway and not the streets but hey, this is "as real as it gets"!

I know you shouldn't be judging people, especially not when you and your crowd is dressed up with robot costumes (made of tin foil, CDs and face paint), you are holding an umbrella in the one hand and a liter bottle of Vodka :new_all_c in the other, talking to a guy wearing a gordy laforge/death punk style sunglasses with LEDs all over it and you are on your way to a party that gets shut down by the police :laughing7. But this was just so strange.

So we were getting into the subway around one o'clock yesterday night and there are those two guys doing the "sticky hands" in the fucking subway! And unfortunately for me one of my friends was asking me what the heck they were doing and I replied "_ing&ung" and as soon as they two heard that they were like "oh you are doing the ing&ung too? That is cool, ing&ung kicks ass" and I was like "no sorry, no Ing ung for me" and they "what are you doing than" and I didn't want to talk to them, for several obvious reasons but they kept asking and I replied "well some TKD, some MT and I'm here to train BJJ" when I said BJJ their face went :eusa_eh: and they stopped talking to me.
But apparently they were heavily into LARPing and all because still they were interested why we were dressed up like robots and asked friends how they made their costumes and they wanted to join the party (which luckily couldn't).

How crazy you have to be to do sticky hands in a fucking subway at 1 on a Saturday night? How borring and sad your life has to be that you do that?

joecos
9/07/2008 12:30pm,
when you and your crowd is dressed up with robot costumes (made of tin foil, CDs and face paint), you are holding an umbrella in the one hand and a liter bottle of Vodka :new_all_c in the other, talking to a guy wearing a gordy laforge/death punk style sunglasses with LEDs all over it and you are on your way to a party that gets shut down by the police :laughing7. But this was just so strange.

How crazy you have to be to do sticky hands in a fucking subway at 1 on a Saturday night? How borring and sad your life has to be that you do that?

http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/pot-kettle.jpg

Pot -- Kettle

M.C.
9/07/2008 12:36pm,
Hey! There is a difference between me and them. I am with "the in crowed" they are with "the ing crowed". I know I am doing some crazy ****, they don't. I stop being crazy at 7 in the morning, they don't.

Munacra
9/07/2008 12:41pm,
They're about as crazy as bragging on an online forum is.

Telum
9/07/2008 12:41pm,
They were probably drunk.

Southpaw
9/07/2008 1:28pm,
When I get together with a couple of my wing chun brothers we are constantly throwing punches at each other, doing chi sau, lap sau, you name it. It is fun.

Chi sau in the middle of the night on a sparsely populated subway car doesn't seem like a big deal...and actually adds a great element to chi sau (i.e. balancing on the train).

Walking around NY with a bunch of guys dressed like robots seems wicked gay. Yeah...insulting New Yorkers with Boston slang is doubly offensive.

Tonuzaba
9/07/2008 1:54pm,
F4n4n you said "no -ing -un for me" and you survived? It was not the real lineage then...

I also happen to think that practising chi sau in public, unlike throwing up into each other's throats (to give a usual example) is socially acceptable.

JohnnyCache
9/07/2008 2:01pm,
If there's no actual gongsau, thread does not deliver.

Siniq
9/07/2008 2:09pm,
Sooooooooo this thread is about "I saw _ing _un in a subway and I was drunk and wearing a robot costume". Didnt they say they were gonna ban for this ****? Thenn again ths IS YMAS, so...

Tonuzaba
9/07/2008 2:25pm,
Sooooooooo this thread is about "I saw _ing _un in a subway and I was drunk and wearing a robot costume". Didnt they say they were gonna ban for this ****? Thenn again ths IS YMAS, so...
Actually a mod should really change the thread-title to
"I saw -ing -un in a subway
while I was drunk in a robot costume"...

G-Off
9/07/2008 2:37pm,
Actually a mod should really change the thread-title to
"I saw -ing -un in a subway
while I was drunk in a robot costume and I could not decide who looked gayer"...

Fizixed.

Tonuzaba
9/07/2008 2:42pm,
Fizixed. Well, yeah, thanx.

I thought of that, but you know, since there's no video, we can't vote to decide...

Squerlli
9/07/2008 5:31pm,
I know you shouldn't be judging people, especially not when you and your crowd is dressed up with robot costumes (made of tin foil, CDs and face paint), you are holding an umbrella in the one hand and a liter bottle of Vodka :new_all_c in the other, talking to a guy wearing a gordy laforge/death punk style sunglasses with LEDs all over it and you are on your way to a party that gets shut down by the police :laughing7.

Oh, I see how it is. And Master fucking Squerlli doesn't get an invite?

Yeah **** you too buddy.

M.C.
9/07/2008 5:54pm,
This party was right in Brooklyn (a few blocks away from Morgan Ave L stop) and if you didn't know about it that is not my fault... but if you are so keen, I will shoot you a PM next time when we hit the streets again.

For the rest, stop hating, flash mob mentality is one thing, doing the ing&ung in public another. I wonder what people would think when two guys would be rolling, starting from close guard.

Squerlli
9/07/2008 5:57pm,
Lmfao, good **** then, I look forward too it.

But I still don't get it, robot costumes? Care to give a bit more details.

M.C.
9/07/2008 6:11pm,
Well theme parties (such as molan rouge party, pole dance party, vodka only etc.) are a common thing among the people I know here and the band that was playing is known for their "over all performance" and they like their audiance to be part of this performance and sometimes getting to the place dressed up is part of their "act", such as a super dance+beamer+light show. Their gigs are more than just playing music and we are all good friends with the band hence we support their idea.