PDA

View Full Version : Will an introduction thread get rid of that huge paragraph at the top of my screen?

Kyduh
9/04/2008 9:01pm,
God do I hope so. I am haunted by the nunchucks

My name is Al. This place is often linked to on a MMA imageboard I frequent, and eventually I lurked enough to be convinced to fill out the registration form. I've been going to my dojo for about 2.5 years now (maybe a little longer, but sometimes I have to quit for a while). My instructors call our curriculim "EMAT" which is basically Judo, Jujitsu, and wrestling. I'm not actually ranked in any strict disciplines. My instructor says I have to win the state championship in the white belt division before he will give me a blue belt in BJJ. I don't know if I even have the discipline to drop weight, but I've got till October. I spar with some friends who are better martial artists than myself in an MMA club we started at my college. They've tried to help me develop some sort of standup game.

All this means is that I have a decent grasp of martial arts teminology, and cant back up anything I say, thus rendering me the ultimate keyboard warrior!

Dear Akidobot, as much as I would love to review my dojo, I don't personally feel qualified to do so, perhaps due to my lack of martial arts experience, fear of my own bias, or the fact that I have visited so few other dojos. Perhaps after some more lurking of other reviews.
I think this smiley goes with my username.:jihad1:

Hey, in the user control panel i filled out a quote section. It was from my teacher. I really like it. How do I set up a signature, or make it show up?

GhostOfKimura
9/04/2008 9:02pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, Kyduh, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

pyromaniac1918
9/05/2008 6:57am,
hi mate welcome to Bullshido and for the signature you need to be a supporting member for that.

Kyduh
10/08/2008 10:23am,
Are avatars also only for supporting members? When I go to my profile it displays a "zshare" profile, and the avatar I set there does not show here. I click "edit avatar" and my only option is "no avatar"