PDA

View Full Version : Fighter is now an "UNO"

Pages : [1] 2

gandp1120
9/04/2008 10:59am,
I was just curious if anyone has ever heard about this.

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3219

This guy had come by and asked for my help on his ground game. After about 20 min he had somewhere to be and that was the last time he asked me for my help. Needless to say, I'm by no means a master but I felt like Marcelo Garcia grappling a baby. This is a funny as hell story. Check it out and let me know what you think?

Coach Josh
9/04/2008 11:39am,
I was at the event and Blake is a certifiable little bad ass. He did have to go to the hospital after the event and suffered a ruptured testicle. While Blake isn't a ground fighter his stand up is out of this world. His boxing/kickboxing record is retarded like 30-1 and he trains with Charleton Young who was a force back in the day.

He will knock you the **** out standing. The only reason he lost that first fight is he didn't train in MMA and when he hit the guy and spun him around and onto his ass. He didn't follow up and finish him. The guy finally clinched and a knee sent them to the ground where he was choked out.

I train his good friend Christian now and we talked about Blake. He does have problems getting trained in grappling and has been to Matt Reed's place in Shreveport and didn't stay. He is very insecure and just needs to swallow his pride and become a student again. This is very tough for him as he has been the BMOC for sometime. In all the conversations that I have had with Blake this is my general consensus.

I have offered to help Blake with his ground game on several occasions but he lives 4 hours away. He has been meaning to transfer to Lafayette.

Granpa1120 where are you in LA?

gandp1120
9/04/2008 12:22pm,
In Shreveport. I train at Elite. I know exactley who Charlton is, that is were I started when I was six years old, then went on to train with Rickey Hutchinson. I have even fought on the same card as Blake. I never said his stand up sucked and his amature record is 56-1, I have also worked Blake's corner. I also have seen the guys he beat in mma. Can you say, "SHEEP." !! Blake has all the tools to be a great fighter but has a problem with running his mouth and telling the truth. I can't tell you how many times we, being the staff at Elite, have offered to help Blake but when you don't show up to train. What else can you expect.

I think that we have actullay meet before. Where you working Christian's corner at the fight in Lafayette? I was one of the guys working Justin Strodderd's corner.

And as far as knocking me the **** out. I really don't think that a possibility, in boxing, mma is another beast where anything could happen. I promise Blake doesn't hit that hard, at least not as hard as Rickey or Charlton.

Oh yeah, one mmore thing. Blake's pro record is 2-2 in mma, 1-0 kickboxing, and 0-1 in boxing.

BudoMonkey
9/04/2008 1:06pm,
It's not a possibility? 50 bucks says I can knock you the **** out, gramps.

mission; impossible?

Anybody can get knocked out.

Berserk
9/04/2008 1:16pm,
Charlton Young, now there is a blast from the past. I started in Tae Kwon Do at about age 10, and Charlton eventually joined our school. If I remember, he had a brown belt in a different style when he first started with us. I was about 12, and a green belt at the time.

Do either of you louisiana guys have an idea where Carroll Baker is these days? He was my first instructor, but I havent heard anything about him in years.

gandp1120
9/04/2008 1:17pm,
I never said that it wasn't impossible, simpily highly unlikley. Some people have that wonderful ability to take a punch, especially in 12oz. boxing gloves.

but thats why I threw out the cache, in mma anything is possible.

gandp1120
9/04/2008 1:18pm,
Charlton Young, now there is a blast from the past. I started in Tae Kwon Do at about age 10, and Charlton eventually joined our school. If I remember, he had a brown belt in a different style when he first started with us. I was about 12, and a green belt at the time.

Do either of you louisiana guys have an idea where Carroll Baker is these days? He was my first instructor, but I havent heard anything about him in years.

last I talked to him he was at the plex off of meriwether, but I called up there yesterday and was told he no longer works there.

G-Off
9/04/2008 3:22pm,
I don't care how much of an asshole the dude allegedly is. Losing a nut sucks and he didn't deserve it.

gandp1120
9/04/2008 3:38pm,
Nobody said he deserved to lose a nut. I just think its funny. Hes fine and has no problems from the injury, if he did then it would be a different story. I someone suffurs a injury that effects them for the rest of their life, obviously I would not be fucking with him about the injury. But he is ok.

Coach Josh
9/04/2008 7:10pm,
Yea I am Josh the coach at Ronin Dojo. Which gym is Elite?

gandp1120
9/04/2008 7:14pm,
The one in Shreveport, LA. MMA Instructor: Brent Mason BJJ Instructor: Matt Reed Judo: David Ebarbe. I'm John an assisant to Matt Reed and blue belt under Carlos Machado.

gandp1120
9/04/2008 10:21pm,
It's not a possibility? 50 bucks says I can knock you the **** out, gramps.

mission; impossible?

Anybody can get knocked out.

I'll take that bet.

scanz
9/04/2008 10:36pm,
Just out of curiousity, is there a prefered cup to wear? I've been wearing an old baseball type cup because I'm too cheap to buy another one, but this story makes me think twice.

recourse
9/04/2008 10:43pm,
Wear the metal muay thai ones.

gandp1120
9/04/2008 10:50pm,
Well I know the guy who broke his nut was wearing a shock dr. cup and it fucking shattered. This is not the first time i heard of the shock dr. crumblying. i use the bike ones with ribber on the sides.

Kid Miracleman
9/05/2008 12:07am,
Steel Muay Thai groin protectors all the way. My Windy cup has held together pretty darn well so far.