PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Master To BJJ BB in a year

Pages : [1] 2 3

hankreardon
8/29/2008 9:20am,
http://www.rapid-defence.com/

Check out the standard of this BJJ BB wearing wannabe.

at 0:52 he really shows his talent.

WHY oh WHY?

Found this video, of a Wing chun teacher, Teaching a BJJ Class to students all wearing BJJ Gi's, Wearing a black belt, Wearing a BJJ gi, with BJJ patches.

There is no direct link claiming he is a Bjj BB. Posting this footage to share with others. Pleas emove to another forum if this is the wrong one.

hoodedmonk
8/29/2008 9:28am,
Craptastic where do I sign up?

BudoMonkey
8/29/2008 9:30am,
Gah! He didn't close his knees on the first armbar!

Please provide a link to where he claims to be a BJJ Black Belt. All I see is 'reality based' submission grappling (yikes) and ''vast experience and belts in many arts including traditional and brazilian ju jitsu"

hegs
8/29/2008 9:30am,
I thought he did his best work at 1:43. I wonder if I could get him to do that at my place. Believe me, it needs it.

jnp
8/29/2008 9:35am,
This forum is for serious inquiries only. Without providing further evidence, your opening post is little more than speculation. So, like BudoMonkeys says:

Please provide a link to where he claims to be a BJJ Black Belt. All I see is 'reality based' submission grappling (yikes) and ''vast experience and belts in many arts including traditional and brazilian ju jitsu"

Tom Kagan
8/29/2008 9:37am,
From the website:

Over the years Sifu Talib has managed to accumulate a vast array of experience and belts in many different martial arts styles, ranging fromJudo to Karate, Jiu Jitsu (traditional as well as Brazilian), Kick Boxing, Aikido, Western Boxing, Tai Chi (Chen Style), Chi Gung, Escrima and Wing Tsun Kung Fu.

There is no claim of a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt I can find on the website. In fact, it's worded vaguely enough that there is no claim of any rank held in BJJ.

How about you make a real case instead of being an annoying twit with a low content "LOL" thread expecting everyone else to do your investigative work?

hegs
8/29/2008 9:47am,
Still looks like it was self composed but it's all I could find outside of his own site(s):

Talib Fehlhaber

He currently holds (among others) a 3rd degree master level in advanced Wing Chun Kung Fu and has been teaching self defence skills since 1993. Talib is the founder and the Chief Instructor of the Rapid Defence Martial Arts Academy in Norwich.

BudoMonkey
8/29/2008 9:50am,
Also, his wing chun even looks a little sloppy, sorry to say. To anyone who has every seen wing chun dummy practice, watch the beginning of the video on the website.

He's slow as molasses.

MarkyMark
8/29/2008 11:25am,
Speaking for myself I don't think he's doing anything wrong-He has a little business going aimed at keeping fit with a widespread but shallow approach to martial arts.

It's not for me but I'd happily send my kids there for a taster. It looks to me to be a good introduction for those that don't know the difference between Chinese and Japanese martial arts.

As for how slow he is etc was he training or demonstrating?

I don't know enough about the guy to justify an attack on him-He's doing his thing and isn't claiming anything outrageous.

...I did cringe at the Ninja sword silhouette thing though....<Ick>

Gabetuno
8/29/2008 11:28am,
I hold various belts in every martial art. They are all white...

YMAS please, till we get something substantial.

Tomas Drgon
8/29/2008 10:16pm,
Relevant excerpt from "Crunchy Frog" (http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/crunchy.htm)
===
Praline: Superintendent Parrot and I are from the hygiene squad. We want to have a word with you about your box of chocolates entified The Whizzo Quality Assortment.

Milton: Ah, yes.

Praline: (producing box of chocolates) If I may begin at the beginning. First there is the cherry fondue. This is extremely nasty, but we can't prosecute you for that.
===

Tomas

Sam Browning
8/29/2008 10:34pm,
How about we give the OP, three days to establish what rank the guy is claiming in BJJ and then if he can't we'll park this thread in YMAS.

Gabetuno
8/30/2008 9:16am,
Fair enough.

Skillful
8/30/2008 9:47am,
at 1:28, he does appear to be teaching BJJ or Judo (a hip throw to armbar combination) in a BJJ gi while wearing a black belt. Not that it's enough for an investigation, but it's definitely something

Sam Browning
8/30/2008 9:56am,
Its enough to make inquiries. I have my hands filled with Gene Simco right now, does anyone want to contact this guy and ask about his BJJ credentials?

nysanda
8/30/2008 10:28am,
I am still really a newb here so forgive me, this will sound stupid. Let's say the guy learned a hip throw into an arm bar combo from a friend and now teaches it in his school. Does he have to have credentials in BJJ or Judo to teach it? Especially if he isn't claiming any rank?