PDA

View Full Version : Your Beginning in Martial Arts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

tubemode12
8/24/2008 12:29pm,
These days, you hear about a lot of violence going on in many parts of the world, Murder, Rape, Thieves, Gangs, etc. and the like.

But is this the real reason why some MA practitioners study Martial Arts?

Most of the practitioners I know say they started in their respective arts just to stand up to their peers, the bullies, the rivals, etc.

To protect their sense of dignity, and to make sure these people won't bother them anymore.

And it sickens me, the number of brutes, they start off in their homes and then in their schools, they bully the weaker bunch.

I've kept it a personal goal to get rid of them.

Despite all the different styles, we also have different reasons for practicing our respective arts.

So how did you guys start, and what was your reason?

tubemode12
8/24/2008 12:34pm,
Revenge.

O________o

Lu Tze
8/24/2008 12:48pm,
I only train so I can post here, I hate martial arts really.

Yamabushi
8/24/2008 12:56pm,
I thought it would be fun and my friends were doing judo so i went along. I never had much trouble with bullies because I learned at an early age that if you kicked the **** out of them they stopped bothering you. I never really needed MA to help with that.

HiThere
8/24/2008 1:07pm,
And it sickens me, the number of brutes, they start off in their homes and then in their schools, they bully the weaker bunch.

I've kept it a personal goal to get rid of them.

You are planning on beating up the entire membership of Bullshido?

Good for you! ;)

Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs
8/24/2008 1:15pm,
My father thought it would be better for me that I start with MA to control my anger.
I never was a bully in school, more the " leave me alone or I smash your face"-type of kid.
So for me it was just a way to loose some steam and burn some energy ( I was a overactive child).

Student
8/24/2008 1:51pm,
Started because it looked like fun (about 25 years ago) and continue to do it today because it is fun.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
8/24/2008 2:14pm,
I started MA to improve my bullying skills. Now, I can beat up on more weaklings a day than ever before!

M.C.
8/24/2008 2:36pm,
When I was a kid, me and my brother, we used to fight a lot. One day I knocked out a teeth of my brother and my mom said:"This got to end, if you fight, I want you to do it properly" well if only she knew back then what kind of Pandora's box she unlocked. I have been training on and off ever since...

mrm1775
8/24/2008 3:43pm,
You are planning on beating up the entire membership of Bullshido?

Good for you! ;)Happeh go back to your pen over in the skepticsm forum.

FLMikeATT
8/24/2008 3:43pm,
For fun, health, and competition.

KITAmaru
8/24/2008 3:52pm,
I don't know, I was just drawn to it for some reason. There seems to be way more approaches to fighting, apparently, than playing in other sports. Instead of a fixed entree, you can choose what you want to put in, kind of like a Mongolian Grill. Even some choices are better or worse than others.

Adon4Ever
8/24/2008 4:05pm,
My parents got me into it after I had gotten into a fight at school, when I was about 7. And I've been training in it off and on ever since.

Virus
8/24/2008 6:24pm,
I started training for t3h wimminz. Then I realized that they only do cardio kickboxing and think grappling is creepy and ghey.

EternalRage
8/24/2008 6:33pm,
i had wanted to do martial arts since i was in second grade. my parents said it was too dangerous and had no real value in terms of college entrance/resume padding. they made me do swimming, which I quit after six years, then tennis, which I quit after six years.

Finally I had the chance to do what I wanted, hardcore martial arts! Had watched so many Bruce Lee movies and wanted to be a kickass Asian fighter.

So I joined TKD...

syberia
8/24/2008 6:36pm,
I started training for t3h wimminz. Then I realized that they only do cardio kickboxing and think grappling is creepy and ghey.

No, no Virus, most women like grappling, that's you that repells them.