PDA

View Full Version : Kyokushin vid

mono
8/22/2008 11:37am,
Hi guys, I'm thinking about joining this dojo, it seems good, there are some videos of Francsico Filho in a visit to their class, what do you think?

YouTube - EXAMEN FAIXA PRETA KYOKUSHIN IKO 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quc1XrgcjZY)

TKDBot
8/22/2008 11:38am,
So mono, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83).

SuperGuido
8/22/2008 1:26pm,
Looks like a good school.

Go check it out and give us a review.

Joe Karate
8/22/2008 2:43pm,
For senior belts, I thought the technique on the forms were horrible and the sparring was abysmal.

But that's just me . . .

Edit - and before my next fight I'll be sure to jump over a stick and stand on my fingers . . .

akuma13
8/22/2008 2:48pm,
Going to have to agree with Joe, that was some bad sparring. If you go remember to keep your hands up, getting kicked in the head sucks.

animlmthr
8/22/2008 4:48pm,
Were those kihon shodan & nidan kata at (~2:22, ~2:54)? Those are the most basic of the kata in Shorin-Ryu Karate; seems odd to me that blackbelts were doing those in a bb class. But maybe they were just demostrating for the folding-table gods.
Anyway, seems fairly traditional and that's not necessarily bad, just depends on what your goals are (I would be prepared for lots of kata). Like Satori said, check it out and you'll know if it's for you.

Joe Karate
8/22/2008 4:56pm,
Were those kihon shodan & nidan kata at (~2:22, ~2:54)? Those are the most basic of the kata in Shorin-Ryu Karate; seems odd to me that blackbelts were doing those in a bb class. But maybe they were just demostrating for the folding-table gods.
Anyway, seems fairly traditional and that's not necessarily bad, just depends on what your goals are (I would be prepared for lots of kata). Like Satori said, check it out and you'll know if it's for you.

Yes. And I'm sure you're right, just a demo for the visitors . . .

Agree it all depends on the OP's goals and what is available in his area. I wasn't impressed.

animlmthr
8/22/2008 6:49pm,
Yeah, me neither. Frankly, after talking with you guys for the last couple of weeks, not much impresses me now. Is this going to continue, where I expect "good" training? Damnit, sure does make life harder when you want to do things right.

Minami no Kaze
8/22/2008 9:16pm,
Well, if it's a genuine IKO1 school, it can't be too bad. Is it Marco Inostroza's school in Concepcion?
If he runs it like a typical Kyokushin school, get ready for lots of sparring (with no face punching, naturally) and lots of skinned knuckles!
I'd say don't trust the video and check the place out for yourself, see if you like it. I'm sure they'll let you conduct a session of observation and then 1 free practice. You can decide after that, or report back to us with your thoughts if you'd like a second opinion.
Good luck!