PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here, Whassup

Boilanger
8/04/2008 7:43pm,
Hey whats up guys. I'm pretty new when it comes to martial arts, only been training for a month now, and just trying to get into a fun community here. I'm moving soon though and having trouble finding a school down near Columbus, Ohio. So if anyone could help it'd be much appreciated.

GhostOfKimura
8/04/2008 7:44pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, Boilanger, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

danniboi07
8/04/2008 8:36pm,
Welcome to bullshido! Hope you find what you're looking for, both here and at your new home.

How are you enjoying the MT so far?

Boilanger
8/04/2008 8:38pm,
It's alright, I really don't have much time to go to classes anymore due to my living 3 hours away from my college (Ohio State University), so there is a lot of traveling to and forth, I'm looking forward to it though as it's something I've been interested in for a long time now.

Boilanger
8/05/2008 11:00pm,
If anyone could help me, what are some good dojos around the Columbus area of Ohio, preferably near the OSU campus? I'm moving down there soon and need some help finding a new one because I can't travel back and forth to get to my current one.

TheRuss
8/05/2008 11:17pm,
I don't know offhand, but you may have some success searching (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/search.php?s=) the Martial Arts Reviews forum (it's under Everything Else - Reviews).

Boilanger
8/05/2008 11:40pm,
Alright, I'll check that out, I mean I've googled it, and found 1 potential prospect (Black Dragon Martial Arts) but the owner hasn't responded to my emails yet and I'm trying to find some alternatives just in case. Thanks though.

Boilanger
8/07/2008 12:37pm,
I checked it out, searched through google sites, searched the forums, but didn't come up with anything that I could tell would be any good. Oh well, guess I'll find out when I get there. Thanks again for the help.

TheRuss
8/07/2008 1:45pm,
Nuts. I guess that you're stuck looking in the Yellow Pages and visiting places. Do you have any acquaintances who do martial arts that you could ask? If you do find something that seems decent, you should post about it here so the next guy has something to go off of.

Boilanger
8/08/2008 11:09am,
Yeah I'll definitely ask around, but I don't know anyone that would know anything about schools in Columbus. When I finally get settled into my dorm I'll post about the school I've found though.

jkdbuck76
8/08/2008 11:50am,
Boilanger,

You might see if there are any quality MA clubs at the university.

TheRuss
8/16/2008 11:01am,
Boilanger, check out this thread (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74201) - it's in Columbus, and it sounds fairly legit.