PDA

View Full Version : defense against "streets" attacks

Pages : [1] 2 3

plakat
7/30/2008 8:11am,
thrust kick to the knee and groin strikes can be really painful on the receiving end. i keep hearing/seeing people drilling such attacks against basically anyone on the streets. question is how do we defend against them?

kiltboy
7/30/2008 8:27am,
Kick them in the nuts faster than they kick you in the nuts. Then take their wallet.

pauli
7/30/2008 8:44am,
step one: don't walk around bow-legged.

Aesir
7/30/2008 8:49am,
Thrust kick to knee: I'd recommend making sure you dont lock the knee joint so you can at least help prevent it getting damage/broken somewhat.

Groin kick: Learn leg blocks, move, or both. Most people's kicks are telegraphic, especially untrained or low trained fighters, Turn to the side and prevent less of an opening for them.

*drops $.02

lionknight
7/30/2008 12:33pm,
Shot them in the knee caps before they kick you.

= Problem solved.

this must be the HOW DO STOP KNEE KICK

Yojimbo1717
7/30/2008 12:38pm,
Duck and cover.

Oh and stay away from the all-mighty horse stance.

http://www.fightingarts.com/content00/graphics/kibas7.jpg

^ That = no.

Aesir
7/30/2008 1:23pm,
Duck and cover.

Oh and stay away from the all-mighty horse stance.

http://www.fightingarts.com/content00/graphics/kibas7.jpg

^ That = no.

If that stance gets any lower a groin kick would be pretty hard to accomplish though....lol. Resting the nuts on the concrete. Looks like he's preparing for Power Shitting.

DarkXacreD
7/30/2008 1:34pm,
I think a sidekick to the knee could be easily defended by...*drumroll*

Moving the knee out of the way (i.e. switch kick)?

WordMerchant
7/30/2008 5:12pm,
I dunno what "streets" you live on... but I dont see alotta fucking groin kicking on mine. If you're trying to mug a soccer mom outside of walmart then I could see it happening.
You should just never go outside w/o a cup on. Infact you should wear a full body suit of padding.. Cuz you never know what could happen! Going outside is scary!:tongue9:

malsah
7/31/2008 11:58am,
to block the groin, personally, id lift my front leg up n turn sideways, fast n easy. after that, punish them by turning there head into a bloody pulp for been such a ******...

BudoMonkey
7/31/2008 12:02pm,
I have developed the long guarded secret of 'Iron Scrotum' and, as such, I have no need to practice such things.

I suppose though, you could bite them on the face afterwards. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Just Guess
7/31/2008 4:13pm,
Iron Crotch, duh.:eusa_danc
YouTube - Chinese Shaolin Kung Fu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVDMG1-eA4I)

MarkyMark
8/02/2008 5:20am,
I don't think you should be planning a response like "kick his balls".Thats like deciding you are going to use an arm bar submission before you get in the ring-It's situational.

For the OP general princples are stay off the ground if you can-A second attacker joining in while you are down will give you a real headache and falling hard on a broken bottle can ruin your day. Most fights that aren't quick impact knock downs do go to the ground but don't aim for it unless you know the odds are in your favour. If you are being attacked they often aren't.

As soon as you know some guy wants to fight you it's started-Don't wait for him to hit you, hit whatever is available straight away. Most street fights are over in under a minute-If you see an opening let your adrenaline flow and be as aggressive as you can.

When it's over don't hang around taking bows-Get the Hell out.

Most obviously if you can avoid it, avoid it.

Sun Wukong
8/02/2008 7:26am,
holy crap, another "t3h str33t" thread? i thought these things were extinct...

lionknight
8/02/2008 11:02am,
holy crap, another "t3h str33t" thread? i thought these things were extinct...

You can only find them in the wild; put them in a cage and for some reason they can't survive.

MarkyMark
8/02/2008 5:16pm,
Now that is bullshit-You think the cage is more hardcore than some pcp'd freak trying to finish you when there is no ref to pull him off, and no-one to tell him that weapons/ stamping to the back of your neck and fish hooking is out?

Your average opponent is likely to be worse than you but when his opening gambit is breaking a beer bottle over the back of your head things get evened up rapidly.

Sounds to me like you must live in a real nice area if the worst you see is in a competition.