PDA

View Full Version : MA Recommendations in MTL?

MrDiplomat
7/26/2008 4:31am,
Hello! This is my first post here, though so far I'm definitely impressed by the sheer amount of knowledge stored on the site. However, as for my question... I'm someone who prefers quick, powerful strikes and bone breaking techniques over say ground combat or flashy maneuvers. I'm enthusiastic about starting martial arts training as soon as possible, I work in security and just the other day a nice man made me remember that my badge & uniform don't make me invincible... Basically, something that will be practical on the streets. (I do bouncer work too... When chairs are being thrown, I don't have time to be fancy lol)

On top of a recommendation as to what MA might suit my fighting preferences, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good school in the Montreal / Laval area (In Quebec) that taught something that could interest me?

Thank you kindly for you time, and have the best of days.

Oh... As a sidenote, I don't underestimate the effectiveness of grappling, but in the situations I tend to get in on & off work, I'm usually confronted by several opponents... (3-4). Holding on to one guy wont stop the others from beating me down heheh. Then again, I could be wrong >_>

BJJbot
7/26/2008 4:33am,
We knew you could do it! MrDiplomat posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

Rock Ape
7/26/2008 6:20am,
Welcome to Bullshido mate.

scully
7/28/2008 2:53pm,
Try the Tristar Gym.
They have MMA, BJJ, boxing and much more.