PDA

View Full Version : need to know where to post something like this

Oni Kudaki
7/22/2008 10:00pm,
hey i want to know people's opionions on kata.
if they think its decent training or not, practical or bullshit.

but my main question is where should something of this matter be posted?

thanks.

OmegaBot
7/22/2008 10:01pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, Oni Kudaki, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

Anna Kovacs
7/22/2008 10:06pm,
It's a waste of time. Well, maybe not a total waste because you might have to make a martial arts movie one day and it wouldnt be complete unless you could do kata on the beach during sunrise.

But other then for movie purposes it's a waste.

PS: By pursuing the News section I think you'll soon make the same conclusion I have. To much kata leads to child molestation and that's why korotty and tae kwan do instructors are always getting arrested.

Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs
7/23/2008 1:24pm,
PS: By pursuing the News section I think you'll soon make the same conclusion I have. To much kata leads to child molestation and that's why korotty and tae kwan do instructors are always getting arrested.

This ain't even funny:lame:

FickleFingerOfFate
7/23/2008 1:27pm,
I wouldn't normally resort to this, but this is a special case.

Search
Function,
n00b!

:offtheair

BudoMonkey
7/23/2008 1:29pm,
Kata is virtually useless in regards to martial application, which is why martial arts were invented.

pyromaniac1918
7/23/2008 1:29pm,
It's a waste of time. Well, maybe not a total waste because you might have to make a martial arts movie one day and it wouldnt be complete unless you could do kata on the beach during sunrise.

But other then for movie purposes it's a waste.

Agreed. As with most kata's and forms it doesn't really do anything, only reason i can see the use of a kata is possibly for grading that's about it.

BudoMonkey
7/23/2008 1:41pm,
And maybe, to some degree, helping children memorize individual techniques.

Small children will get bored with constant drilling, and mixing a bunch of different techniques into a form will make it fun for them and easier to take in.