PDA

View Full Version : Use of steroids

budokake
7/21/2008 1:35pm,
Dr. Walter Van Helder of Phoenix Grappling Center, Phoenix Arizona should be banned from judo and not allowed to run a dojo or teach judo to anyone of any age. His testimony in the USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) hearing was discredited and the expert witness stated, "I believe he gave steroids to a perfectly healthy human being." They also stated, "His behavior cannot be tolerated.
Someone who has been proven to help an athlete cheat, even if he is a doctor, should suffer the negative consequences of his personal actions. I am tired of watching Dr. Van Helder trying to determine the outcome of local tournaments from either the referee's position or the judge's chair. He is even try to become an international level referee. He is a disgrace to the judo community.

400B.C. Greek tragedy writer Sophocles, "I would rather lose with honor than to win by cheating."

Andrew Carnegie, "No amount of ability is to any avail without honor."

copy and paste this into your web browser window and read the ruling yourself.
http://www.usantidoping.org/files/active/arbitration_rulings/AAA%20CAS%20Decision%20-%20George%20Hartman%20June%202006.pdf

Rock Ape
7/21/2008 1:37pm,
Wrong forum unless you're intending an investigation of this person yourself.

budokake
8/20/2008 10:08pm,
who died and left you in charge?

mrm1775
8/20/2008 10:39pm,
You have four posts, and you're bitching at someone with over 6,000 for explaining rules?

You had best be trolling, my friend.

syberia
8/20/2008 10:45pm,
I've been prescribed steroids before. My doctor though i had a immune system issue because of a rash on my arm. I never filled the scrip, left it for two weeks and the rash was gone.

Though, i'm all good now if i want to take them i guess.

Score!!

HigherLearning
8/20/2008 11:24pm,
I've been prescribed steroids before. My doctor though i had a immune system issue because of a rash on my arm. I never filled the scrip, left it for two weeks and the rash was gone.

Score!!
there is a pretty big difference between the steroids you're talking about and the ones used by athletes for performance enhancement

syberia
8/20/2008 11:55pm,
there is a pretty big difference between the steroids you're talking about and the ones used by athletes for performance enhancement

Yeah, i am aware of that. Possibly why i'm not taking them to enhance my preformance.

;)

Sang
8/21/2008 1:14am,
Investigating professional athletes for steroids is like investigating wing chun schools for bullshido, a waste of time. Also, wrong forum noob.

SFGOON
8/21/2008 1:40am,

Score!!

DO NOT TAKE THOSE CORTICOSTERIODS!!

I WAS FORCED TO TAKE THEM VIA AN IV DRIP BY THE US ARMY FOR ASTHMA.

THEY MADE ME CRAZIER THAN A SHITHOUSE RAT ON CRACK DIPPED IN FORMALDEHYDE, (AND THIS IS ME TALKING!!!)

DO NOT TAKE THEM!

syberia
8/21/2008 1:48am,

THEY MADE ME CRAZIER THAN A SHITHOUSE RAT ON CRACK DIPPED IN FORMALDEHYDE, (AND THIS IS ME TALKING!!!)

DO NOT TAKE THEM!

You make a compelling argument, i however, am still tempted to do it just for shits and giggles.

halfcut
8/21/2008 2:20am,
You make a compelling argument, i however, am still tempted to do it just for shits and giggles.
I'm going with SFGOON on this one. Don't do it, especially if you are married. I had to take them once for two weeks due to an allergic reaction and I am amazed to this day that my wife didn't leave me for the way I acted.

syberia
8/21/2008 2:27am,
I'm going with SFGOON on this one. Don't do it, especially if you are married. I had to take them once for two weeks due to an allergic reaction and I am amazed to this day that my wife didn't leave me for the way I acted.

I'm not going to, i hope you all realise this. I never filled the scrip and i dont plan to.

Eddie Hardon
8/21/2008 6:02am,

DO NOT TAKE THEM!

This reminds of a Royal Air Force Warrant Officer. He always uses over-sized text with exclamation marks so he's clearly shouting - which is why I ignore him. I also think he's a bully - at least that's what I infer.

Aaahhh, I feel better for sharing that.

No disrespect, mate, he hasn't got your sense of humour.

Cheers

illegalusername
8/21/2008 9:11am,
DONT USE STEROIDS
http://thumbnails8.imagebam.com/1165/8eef1311642759.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/8eef1311642759)