PDA

View Full Version : hello from galio

galio
7/09/2008 3:46am,
hi, i saw, i should first introduce myself, so:
i'm 26 YO, from Bulgaria, train FMA last 5 years, i've had some experience in kyokushin, capoeira, da dao (kind of local MMA art), ju jitsu (traditional, BJJ, judo), submission grappling, kick-boxing ...
i'm here 'cause i'm sick of the bullshit in MA's, so it's interesting to me what kind of people are writing here and what the topics are ... just readin' :hello:

KungFuBot
7/09/2008 3:47am,
BULL RUSH ON galio!!!

sochin101
7/09/2008 5:09am,
Hi, Galio

Welcome to Bullshido.

M.C.
7/09/2008 5:43am,
Bulgaria rocks, I used to go there on vacation. I busted my eardrum though in Bulgaria and can't dive any more... I guess it evens out.
Do you have a lot of Bullshido MAs in Bulgaria? (Most of what you trained looks pretty solid to me)

galio
7/09/2008 6:06am,
well, in BG we have about 3 types of MA's:

#1 is the old school - because before 1989 all MA's have been banned (mainly trained in police and military - cuban karate, some judo, sambo) and there have been some people, who, reading books, watching movies etc., started teaching karate, wushu ... they still conduct trainig and it's almost all bullshit - kinda wushu, kinda karate ...

#2 are the old-school derivates - licensed federations, doing sport wushu, boxing, kick-boxing, thai-boxing, TKD, Aikido, JuJitsu, kyokushin, shotokan, wing tsun, escrima, JKD ... still some bullshit there

#3 are the new MA's, coming in there, i mean new like the last 5 years - it's submission grappling (gokor chivichyan's), BJJ, MMA as a culture, some traditional wushu (pigua, bagua, tai chi), local arts like DaDao, KADO, Bulgarian Kempo, Branno Umenie Vei, Pekiti-Tirsia Kali (that's what i do last 5 years), some self-made Free-Stick Fighting, Kudo (DaidoJuku), capoeira ...

that's whats upe with MA's, but still alot of stupid things ...

like i train Pekiti-Tirsia Kali and we train with outside clothes (no uniforms), outside shoes (no shoes on the mat), we do no padded sticks, mainly wooden knives and i kinda get into it anything i like ... anytime when i see a karate uniform i get sick, same with guys rushing into eachother with rubber knives or padded sticks and body armor ...

M.C.
7/09/2008 6:19am,
From what I have seen pekiti tirsia is bad ass. But there is nothing wrong with a slightly padded stick we use those and you still get a good bruising and it still hurts but you don't break bones and get those nasty bruises(the real bloody ones that don't heal for weeks.)

galio
7/09/2008 6:56am,
you see, the main problem is in attitude - since i've been hit with stick, have on me scars from wooden knives, i know what it is, so we can fence with feders and it will be badass ... if you start padded stick or rubber knife first, you get in situations, that dont exist with real weapons ... and you can hear like "ok, i can take a few cuts, a couple of blows with the stick is not that much, etc." ... this is a problem ... 'cause its attitude that kills, not knives ...

M.C.
7/09/2008 7:05am,
Well for the knives is see your point and I prefer wood over rubber in this case but with the sticks, I mean it is obvious when you get hit, it is just a question of how bad it hurts and if you get injured, here I take the more training less injury approach.
With the attitude you nail it on the head... (I still wouldn't think of fighting somebody who has a knife and only knows half of what he is doing)

Tonuzaba
7/09/2008 7:07am,
...f you start padded stick or rubber knife first, you get in situations, that dont exist with real weapons ... and you can hear like "ok, i can take a few cuts, a couple of blows with the stick is not that much, etc." ... this is a problem ... 'cause its attitude that kills, not knives ...
Hello, galio, welcome to the site.

Good to see another Central/Eastern European around.

While it is great that you advocate as realistic training as one can get, I think you overreact a bit.

According to your logic even wooden knives/sticks you use are no good, because you don't draw blood.

You can't train with live blades. At least not without being prosecuted and not in civilized countries.

Whatever you train with, first you must realize that you train with "weapons", that - should they be real - would very likely maim, paralyze or kill at least one of the participants. If you know that a light touch of a rubber knife would mean your intestines on the floor, you can train realistically and honestly.

galio
7/09/2008 7:15am,
sure, but what do you do with the "i can take a few cuts" guys :)

i do sometimes rubber knives with lipstick and i know, each 5 sm line on my forearm means this hand would be on the ground with live blade, but ... not everyone is reasonable, you know ...

you can see what i posted in the "worst techniques" topic - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10784&page=49

M.C.
7/09/2008 7:23am,
You can't save everybody.... there are stupid people and lost cases out there, try it once, try it a second time but after the third just stop bothering, it is a waist of time.