PDA

View Full Version : Returning n00b

recourse
7/07/2008 8:47pm,
Hey all,

I joined the forums last year but haven't really been back since so I wanted to say hello again.

Brief intro:

Last year I decided to get into shape and learn how to fight. Being a complete moron I tried out a wing chun kung fu place in Las Vegas. I posted on this forum and got the wake up call I needed.

Since then I've moved to the Dallas Texas area and have decided to try MA again and found a MMA gym just down the street. My first day starts tomorrow and I'm pretty excited.

Here's the schools website if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.academybjj.com/

The gym looks pretty good and the teachers seem pretty friendly. Once I have a few lessons under my belt I will post a full review.

Glad to be back!

/recourse

TKDBot
7/07/2008 8:48pm,
Welcome aboard, recourse! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

syberia
7/07/2008 10:23pm,
Welcome back man, The school look good! Once you start training i would suggest putting MMA in your style field

see you round.

recourse
7/07/2008 11:13pm,
Thanks for the welcome. I figure I'll put MMA in my style field once I've completed a full month. I've never worn a Gi before so right now I'm looking on google on how to tie the damn thing. Anyone have any easy tips or is it pretty basic?

syberia
7/07/2008 11:21pm,
Yeah, put it on, cross it over and wrap the belt around your waist.

Tie.

As for the pants (Im assuming you have pants with ties), wait untill you get there, then ask someone.

recourse
7/07/2008 11:23pm,
Heh, got it. I'd be kinda pissed if you had to tie some insane knot.

syberia
7/07/2008 11:24pm,
If there is one, i dont know about it. Usually the only requirement is that they hold themselves up. Belts are notorious at first for coming undone while on the floor anyway, till you wear them in a bit.