PDA

View Full Version : Why So Many Traditional Martial Artists Suck?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Wakingheart
7/02/2008 11:09am,
Back in the day a Martial Art survived if the teacher survived, now anyone can test to a black belt in most schools and start his own school. If competence in combat is not required anymore you are going to get allot of convoluted schools that are ineffective.

In consumer culture we have removed martial arts from Darwinism and our only real testing field is the MMA arena, Street Fighting and Combat. However we aren't exactly lining up with swords and shields these days.

Martial Arts are also traditionally circumstantial relating to a specific time period or circumstance. For Kung Fu frequently it is weapons. WuShu is a Chinese government bastardization of Kung-Fu. Kind of a shame Kung-Fu used to be hardcore and brutal training, now it is made fun for Women and Children.

As well No Contact is Bullshit, another reason why allot of Traditionalists get thier asses handed to them.

MrBadGuy
7/02/2008 11:10am,
I think this point has been talked about to death. This thread is beating off a dead horse.

Kung-Fu Joe
7/02/2008 11:11am,
Back in the day a Martial Art survived if the teacher survived, now anyone can test to a black belt in most schools and start his own school. If competence in combat is not required anymore you are going to get allot of convoluted schools that are ineffective.

In consumer culture we have removed martial arts from Darwinism and our only real testing field is the MMA arena, Street Fighting and Combat. However we aren't exactly lining up with swords and shields these days.

Martial Arts are also traditionally circumstantial relating to a specific time period or circumstance. For Kung Fu frequently it is weapons and just one not WuShu is a Chinese government bastardization of Kung-Fu. Kind of a shame Kung-Fu used to be hardcore and brutal training, now it is made fun for Women and Children.

As well No Contact is Bullshit, another reason why allot of Traditionalists get thier asses handed to them.Thank you for disseminating information that we all already know. Mayhaps I could direct you to the Search function and Newbietown?

--Joe

Hex
7/02/2008 11:12am,
Somebody should start a website dedicated to exposing such fraud and general B.S. in the martial arts community.

Wakingheart
7/02/2008 11:14am,
Fair enough.

Tangent
Somebody should start a website dedicated to exposing such fraud and general B.S. in the martial arts community.

Yeah! And they should call it "Bullshit-Do" or maybe "Bushidoshit" or something clever like that. Something with "****".

DerAuslander
You're an idiot.

There's no such thing as "traditional martial arts". You are unable think logically and cannot even muster the basic ability to control your own mind.

Shut the **** up.

Wakingheart
7/02/2008 11:19am,
Lmao...I get such a kick out of the culture of this forum

ChickenBeakFist
7/02/2008 11:20am,
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/robo848/not_this_****_again.jpg

Valiss
7/02/2008 11:24am,
This is right up there with "Why can't forms champions fight?"

Tangent
7/02/2008 11:28am,
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/robo848/not_this_****_again.jpg

Yeah, that's it! Something with "****"!

DerAuslander
7/02/2008 11:31am,
You know what I get a kick out of? Fucking idiots.

Yes, I know that was a double entendre.

Wakingfeart, define TMA conclusively, then prove they exist.

Tom .C
7/02/2008 11:36am,
Sometimes, out of the corner of my eyes, I catch fleeting glimpses of Ninjas. I think that they are the reason I often can't find my pens. It would also explain the unflushed toilet that nobody claims knowledge of.

Wakingheart
7/02/2008 11:37am,
LMAO...Errant108 Aww I love you man :)

Seriously though, this is what I have seen in almost every thread. It is as insane as Ashida Kim.

Omega Supreme
7/02/2008 11:41am,
Lmao...I get such a kick out of the culture of this forum

Culture?

Omega Supreme
7/02/2008 11:49am,
LMAO...Errant108 Aww I love you man :)

Seriously though, this is what I have seen in almost every thread. It is as insane as Ashida Kim.

Dude, you come on a site preaching to us about things that have been going on for years. Years meaning 6 since the inception of this web site. Nobody likes to be preached to especially by a new guy who jumps on and doesn't even address half the arguments.

You talk MMA and TMA without defining the two. How about this; most MMA guys can't handle themselves in a real street situation.

Yes non contact is BS
Yes Wushu is a performance art
MMA is a sport not a style
TMA covers a lot of ground and could mean a lot of things...

screw the rest of the arguments I've got to go.