PDA

View Full Version : noobly greetings

Cloudrace
7/02/2008 1:10am,
Greetings. My name is Mike and I just joined. My background in the martial arts began in grade school and has continued since; first with TKD, then shotokan, ninjutsu, kendo, and then kenjutsu. By profession I am a historian and writer currently working as a journalist. My main current interest in martial arts is in the hoplology of bladed weapons use in Japan, with an emphasis on sword technique. The use (or lack thereof) of the ninjato historically and evolution of sword use and pedagogy in Togakure-ryu are my main interests there.

My main reason for joining is because I write about the martial arts (and wish to do so even more than I currently am, as most of my journalism is now on politics, travel, and ecology) and I want to learn more about other styles that I am not very familar with yet. Also, friends have asked for my advice on training in areas such as BJJ where I am certainly not an expert so I've sent them here in the past and figured I really ought to join myself.

AikidoBot
7/02/2008 1:12am,
So Cloudrace, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83).

TKDBot
7/02/2008 1:12am,
BULL RUSH ON Cloudrace!!!

socratic
7/02/2008 6:20am,
Welcome to Bullshido. As a person interested in history, why are you interested in the ninja arts, considering how much faux history they involve?

NeilG
7/02/2008 9:30am,
Not to mention the ninja-to, an invention sprung from ninja movies. They didn't exist, historically.

danniboi07
7/02/2008 10:09am,
*looks at style thread*....ouch this is going to hurt.

Welcome to bullshido. As a historian and journalist I'm sure you're just like us: we dig to find the truth behind the BS. Hypotheses become broken down and then rebuilt based on what we find. I hope you can keep your mind open and your queries constantly coming.

Once again, welcome.