PDA

View Full Version : Moose vs krotty!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

3moose1
7/01/2008 8:11pm,
Alright, let me give you all the details, then you all can see just how bad i suck...

About a month ago, i get a message asking if i want to MMA fight someone, from a friend. I say sure, i train mma, why not?

So i'm fighting this Isshinryu Krotty yellow belt. Cool, i knew i'd beat him...anyway.

Fight day, i get nervous. Way nervous, to the point where i want to back out. I don't, but this feeling persists even through most of the fight (as you'll see)

Yes, i know how INCREDIBLY dumb this was, now. I want to fight pro, and fighting illegally in a backyard isn't going to help that at all. It was extremely stupid on my part.

Anyway, on to the fights:

He comes out, and i'm expecting kicks kicks kicks. I'm still way nervous at this point, so him punching me suprises me. I wasn't in the fight yet, so i totally forgot how to punch and ****.

Anyway, He suprised me on the ground, getting guard, and trying a guillotine.

I try a triangle, a few different armbars, a rear naked choke, and a mounted triangle before i submitted him with a rear naked choke.

I'm upset at my performance, my striking and grappling are much better then that, but oh well, **** happens. I ground and pounded him pretty well, and i kneed him in the face alot. Its what set up the rear naked choke.

Here they are. I'm the guy in the wife beater, with the black hair, and undenyable sexy-ness

(a note about quality: These are on my video camera, which i lost the cord to. So i played the video and recorded it on my phone. I'll try to get higher quality vids up soon)

round one:
YouTube - Derek Vs Zack backyard mma (1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRJ6Wm-XMMI)

Round two:
YouTube - Derek Vs Zack backyard mma (2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FLhvYSXGGg)

Brandon
7/01/2008 8:14pm,
I've seen snuff films with higher quality video.

tharuz
7/01/2008 8:14pm,
YES

I knew I could count on you to keep me entertained moose!

3moose1
7/01/2008 8:15pm,

Well, i believe in providing the fine folks at bullshido video proof of my shennanigans.

Even if its crappy, its better then nothing.

You should have, however, seen me take on 10 guys after that fight, i knock them out with CHI

tharuz
7/01/2008 8:17pm,

you die! you die and you go to hell!!!111!

KayRoc
7/01/2008 8:18pm,
Did you have a game plan? Like, go for clinch, then takedowns, or were you just kinda winging it?

3moose1
7/01/2008 8:19pm,
Did you have a game plan? Like, go for clinch, then takedowns, or were you just kinda winging it?

Lets see, i do jiu jitsu, he does krotty.

I was planning on taking him down and submitting him

danniboi07
7/01/2008 8:23pm,
Lets see, i do jiu jitsu, he does krotty.

I was planning on taking him down and submitting him

You needs t3h jud0.

Looks like he may have known more than he was letting on (i.e. studied more than jus krotty).

Ah well.....he lost and the world goes on the way it was supposed to.

Bad Apple
7/01/2008 8:23pm,
Yes, i know how INCREDIBLY dumb this was, now. I want to fight pro, and fighting illegally in a backyard isn't going to help that at all. It was extremely stupid on my part.

In that case stay with the lo-res vids, you can't really tell who the hell is fighting.

Didn't see much "krotty" in there BTW.

Snake Plissken
7/01/2008 8:25pm,
Were this one only to have such a happy ending.

Bad Apple
7/01/2008 8:27pm,
If you were observing the unified MMA ruleset why were you wearing shirts in the first round ?

3moose1
7/01/2008 8:38pm,
If you were observing the unified MMA ruleset why were you wearing shirts in the first round ?

Because we felt like wearing shirts?

danno
7/01/2008 8:39pm,
do you train much kickboxing moose?

i think you underestimated him.

BackFistMonkey
7/01/2008 8:48pm,
do you train much kickboxing moose?

i think you underestimated him.

Only the severely delusional and the guys with previous M.A. experience jump into a MMA match ( even backyard style ) as a yellow belt in the Krotty .

FickleFingerOfFate
7/01/2008 8:49pm,
You have to be careful,

Not all Krotty is created equal.

Some schools actually teach you how to spar and fight correctly,

and some even have BJJ programs taught by the same instructor who teaches the kicky stuff.

Just sayin...

danno
7/01/2008 8:55pm,
mmm... i'm assuming moose said yes because he assumed it would be a relatively easy fight. seems like he got set up.