PDA

View Full Version : New meat

docpaw
6/30/2008 2:26am,
Hey guys,
Dabbled in several arts over the years, and I do mean dabble. Tried Akido, wrestling, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi and Tang Soo Do. Never really excelled at any of them. Learned more about fighting from a room mate with a prison record.
I even (gasp) tried Split Second Survival with your favorite Larry Wick. He'd been my Tang Soo Do teacher maybe fifteen years prior. I dropped out because I disagreed on some core principles, not because I thought Larry was a rip-off.
I was looking for yet another MA to try and found this website. Loved the irreverent, deconstructionist attitude, and totally do not get made fun of enough in my day to day life. Seeking truth thru ridicule and debate sounds great. I myself and not sure what I believe as far as the MA go.
The Larry Wick reference ought to get the hounds baying, Newbietown or not.

Thanks for the forum.

--Docpaw

BJJbot
6/30/2008 2:27am,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, docpaw, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.