PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Club Suggestions

E-Funk
6/29/2008 10:42pm,
Hey guys, if any of you live in London Ontario Canada, I could use some help in locating a new club. I'm mostly interesting in Judo, or JiuJitsu. Any suggestions?

Skillful
6/30/2008 8:27am,
I thought this thread was about cheap whisky. I was going to vote for Rebel Yell, which was unavailable on my side of the Mason Dixon until about 10 years ago, when they took some very inflammatory pro-Confederate language off the label. Canadian Club, on the other hand, sucks. I wouldn't use it to wash my balls.

Goju - Joe
6/30/2008 8:34am,
Team Tompkins

Goju - Joe
6/30/2008 9:20am,
There's also http://www.fateh.ca/ which is a Gracie barra BJJ affiliate

marcell
6/30/2008 10:34am,
IMO find something that is within walking distance, or if you drive make sure it's not over an hour a way or something like that - unless you are just a really motivated person and will force yourself to travel far every time.

vigilus
6/30/2008 11:43am,
Marcell it hurts my feelings that you didn't return my PM.
For shame.

marcell
6/30/2008 1:22pm,
Marcell it hurts my feelings that you didn't return my PM.
For shame.

Listen, I told you to e-mail me. Is it that hard to use an e-mail instead?

vigilus
6/30/2008 2:21pm,
What's the difference between a PM on bullshido and an email? If you want to get technical opening up a seperate program to send an email requires more effort.

Okay I'll bite again. What's your email?

Grashnak
6/30/2008 8:20pm,
IMO find something that is within walking distance, or if you drive make sure it's not over an hour a way or something like that - unless you are just a really motivated person and will force yourself to travel far every time.

No offence, but wtf is with finding a place within walking distance got to do with anything? Hands up everyone who lives within walking distance of a decent school...

vigilus
6/30/2008 10:21pm,
No offence, but wtf is with finding a place within walking distance got to do with anything? Hands up everyone who lives within walking distance of a decent school...

Either he doesn't have a car or he likes walking the streets to garner more chances of getting in a fight and testing his stuff out.

E-Funk
6/30/2008 10:32pm,
LOL, thanks guys.

Does anyone personally know anything about Team Tompkins? I don't wanna be a UFC fighter.. I'm just picking the stuff up as a hobby, is that really where I should go? It's a little intimidating.

stoodawg
8/04/2009 2:34pm,
E-funk....where did you end up training?
I'm currently looking for somewhere in London to practice (not fixed on any particular style, just want somewhere good at what they do).

OZZ
8/04/2009 6:45pm,
LOL, thanks guys.

Does anyone personally know anything about Team Tompkins? I don't wanna be a UFC fighter.. I'm just picking the stuff up as a hobby, is that really where I should go? It's a little intimidating.

Actually, its not called Team Tompkins anymore.
For MMA both competitive and hobby-level try Adrenaline on Dundas east. This is the Former Team Tompkins club..there are pros and joes there and it offers a pretty complete program.I stopped training about a year and a half ago and a couple of my buddies who were at my old club go to Adrenaline now. I've been out to Adrenaline before and its a good atmosphere.nothing a newb couldn't fit in to if he wanted to train and work hard.
THere is also Suffer Systems ..although They moved and I don't know where they are. I heard they are still operating though...google them, and google Adrenaline for the exact address..
Good luck.

stoodawg
8/05/2009 2:27pm,
www.adrenalinemma.ca (http://www.adrenalinemma.ca)
ADDRESS: 1794 DUNDAS STREET, UNIT 1, LONDON ONTARIO N5W 3E6
GYM HOURS: MON-FRI 9AM-2PM, 5PM-9PM / SAT 10-12PM