PDA

View Full Version : Cable Access television

Pages : [1] 2

Omega Supreme
12/02/2003 2:41pm,
Hey guys I was thinking of producing a Martial Art Cable Access show what do you think?

Budd
12/02/2003 2:59pm,
If I can take the SLO part to mean San Luis Obispo (or some other place with nice beaches), then as long as you add lots of video clips of girls in skimpy bathing suits running slowly on the beach --- then I think it would be a good idea. :p

Kempocos
12/02/2003 3:00pm,
Make sure you sell it to New Jersey

Omega Supreme
12/02/2003 3:11pm,
Yeah, SLO is San Luis Obispo, and I'd actually get better shots down south. SLO doesn't have that great of a beach front.

matzahbal
12/02/2003 5:22pm,
I think it would be great, you should get the guys from the Paul Mitchell demo team, they are truely masters of the martial arts :P

Phrost
12/02/2003 9:30pm,
Omega:

XMA beat you to it!

Just kidding. Go for it bro, you can use it to explain the realities of self defense to a public inundated with unrealistic garbage.

Or you could just show videos of Asia beating up on people too. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Mr. Mantis
12/02/2003 9:39pm,
Are you planning an instructional thing? Something that would get the ratings and cash flowing? Critical evaluation of different arts? Evaluating schools and systems? News based?

Difficult task, all the luck to you.

Stold3
12/02/2003 9:43pm,
Ohhh. You could call it "Bullshido LIVE" and tour around to all the local bullshido schools challenging the instructor to a fight.

ClintEQ
12/02/2003 10:30pm,
I used to live in SLO. Really beautiful. Pretty boring though. I started craving the big city and had to leave. You could deffinately do some interesting things with a show like that. Seems more interesting than 90% of the stuff on TV.

Omega Supreme
12/04/2003 2:48pm,
Originally posted by Phrost
Omega:

XMA beat you to it!

Just kidding. Go for it bro, you can use it to explain the realities of self defense to a public inundated with unrealistic garbage.

Or you could just show videos of Asia beating up on people too. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Actually this is what I was thinking. I was also thinking of calling it something a little more PC than Bullshido, any suggestions?

HAPKO3
12/04/2003 3:00pm,
What, exactly, are you planinng on doing? Do you have someone willing to pay for it and show it?

If you need any extras or whatever, I'm sure there will be no shortage of people wanting to help out.

HAPKO3
12/04/2003 3:00pm,
"Martial Artis in the US : Frauds, Freaks, and Fights"

Phrost
12/04/2003 4:06pm,
"Real Martial Arts with "Omega", Sponsored by Bullshido.com"

or if you want to get technical:

"Real Martial Arts with "Omega", with free advertisment for Bullshido.com because they have no real budget to be supporting anything, unfortunately".

:D

Phrost
12/04/2003 4:08pm,
But seriously, if you wanted to call it "Bullshido", you'd be welcome to do so. Of course, then certian people would think we've been 'in cahoots' all along, if you get my somewhat-vague reference to things past.

Omega Supreme
12/04/2003 4:09pm,
Yeah, we were thinking about calling it "Real World Martial Arts", it would be completely cable access though with minimal budget. Think Wayne's World here guys.

Ronin
12/04/2003 4:16pm,
Sounds pretty cool dude, sponsorship?