PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

rollin629
6/22/2008 2:32pm,
Hello gents and ladies. I'm new to the board but not martial arts. I'm too old to start a career but not old enough to know when to quit. I do have a black belt in..........tkd. I was young, it looked cool, what the hell, right? Go ahead, let me have it. I'd like to think I'm pretty well rounded. I started boxing at 16, got into tkd at 20, did a stint in the Army, trained in kick boxing and jj but never did much of anything but train. I just moved to Orlando about a year ago and have been working too hard to feed the kids. I would like to find a gym I can afford,(refer back to the kids) I thought that Orlando was the capital for sport karate from what I had seen from the road. I even took my daughter to a trial class to see if she had any interest and unfortunately the instructors scared that right out of her. Now we train at home. Now that I've had a chance to really look around I see that it's a great place to be if you want to train in mma.
What brought me to the board was the thread about Jimmy Lyon aka, master markus. I was doing my daily web serfing and saw the name. I thought, "Hey I know that guy". And everything you guys reported on is exactly what I found as well. He's a joke. After my first visit I did much the same research and found a whole lot of nothing about the guy or the claims. Good job to those who put it together. There was a post in the thread about "what's the point of this" and I say that I'm a case of "what's the point". I never would've known about this place had it not been for that. And I hope no one ever has the mis fortune of having to visit that place (I'll never call ti a gym) So kudos again for someone putting it out there for others to see.
Anyway, I look forward to getting to know ya'll. :hello:

KungFuBot
6/22/2008 2:33pm,
We knew you could do it! rollin629 posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.