PDA

View Full Version : A unique tai chi site

Pages : [1] 2

Skummer
12/01/2003 10:35am,
http://www.rubytopaz.com/

Tai Chi plus glam rock!! I never would've thought of that...

JBliss
12/01/2003 11:37am,
DUDE! That's my old landlord/friend's tai chi teacher! NO ****! Never seen him work, but if his students are any indication...blaaaah

Greg
12/01/2003 11:56am,
It's a joke right? Someone set up that website as a joke?

fernando
12/01/2003 1:37pm,
lol

Balloonknot
12/01/2003 3:14pm,
actually that dude has been practicing for years. He's just trying to make a living at it now. Check out his sparring clips....

Skummer
12/01/2003 3:22pm,
Originally posted by Balloonknot
actually that dude has been practicing for years. He's just trying to make a living at it now. Check out his sparring clips....

Are those sparring clips indicative of a tai chi grandmaster's skill level? I'm not saying they're not mind you, I'm just asking. It looks to me like he's just flapping his arms at his opponent's head.

What's with the push hands clips? It's just him pushing a smaller guy against a wall. Heck, I can do that. I've seen a lot of push hands, and it's generally a mutual endeavor.

Greg
12/01/2003 3:26pm,
By "sparring" you mean the fat weird crossdresser guy pushing the skinny wimpy guy into the wall?

Balloonknot
12/01/2003 3:30pm,
I really don't think he's a grandmaster now is he?? On another note, his sticky hands look decent.

Skummer
12/01/2003 3:35pm,
Originally posted by Balloonknot
I really don't think he's a grandmaster now is he?? On another note, his sticky hands look decent.

He claims to be a grandmaster on his site.

"In 1995 Mark was named grandmaster of the form Lee Wah Yook Qi Quan by the World Headfounders Council after much review and testing. He was only the 13th person to be named grandmaster by this orginazation."

and

"We know that Glam Rock/Taijiquan sites are kind of rare, but as *Grandmaster of Lee Wah Yook Qi Quan* Mark Bram teaches balance in all things, so we're sure that this all makes sense on some cosmic level"

Balloonknot
12/01/2003 3:38pm,
You're right Skummer, I missed that! Anyway, it seems his teacher was more of a Kung-Fu guy. His teacher "made up" his own version of Yang style TC - this is most likely NOT a good thing. I do know this much though... his teacher studied for a while with my current teacher but I really don't think he went through the complete curriculum. You can take it from there.....

imawimp
12/01/2003 8:08pm,
I have often wondered what would have happened if Twisted Sister had learned Tai Chi.

On a more serious note, I hope that kid getting slapped around isnt paying too much for those lessons.

PizDoff
12/01/2003 8:56pm,
I am simply speechless.

imawimp
12/01/2003 9:08pm,
I have often wondered what would have happened if Twisted Sister had learned Tai Chi.

On a more serious note, I hope that kid getting slapped around isnt paying too much for those lessons.

Balloonknot
12/02/2003 11:03am,
TaiChi GlamRock is the future!! Come on guys, get with the program will ya!! Where you guys been? Hiding under a rock?

I'm buying my makeup kit today so I'll be ready for class tonight - he he.

Jolly_Roger
12/09/2003 1:51am,
I'm with you Balloonknot!
TaiChi Glam Rock rulez!
We have to open our own school, were students can crosstrain/crossdress into Xing Yi Gangsta Rappa badasses, and, for the elderly Rocabilly Pa kua!

Balloonknot
12/09/2003 10:26am,
Jolly, now you're on to sumthin!!!