PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Training Regime

Iphaltuus
5/26/2008 7:00pm,
Core stand-up - Boxing and Muay Thai/Kick boxing

Core ground - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Sambo and Wrestling

Core Transitional - Judo, Sambo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

I know that Sambo is actually has Judo roots, but you know what I mean right? I would like to hear any thoughts, suggestions or experience that other people might want to bring to the table. I have very little experience with BJJ, but the experiences I did have were very memorable. My main roots are in boxing and very basic muay thai. I think I understand the concept of judo, however, I don't know much at all about wrestling. I've seen the results in various spectations and I am interested to dig deeper into that world. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some sound advice on where to start with the wrestling, also seeking possible additions to the transitional game.

BJJbot
5/26/2008 7:01pm,
We knew you could do it! Iphaltuus posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

danniboi07
5/26/2008 8:11pm,
BJJ also has roots in Judo. Both Judo and BJJ should have you good on the wrestling parts actually. Just get some practice in both gi and no-gi sparring. Which styles are you currently practicing?

Iphaltuus
5/26/2008 8:54pm,
Just stand up boxing with basic Muay Thai and kicboxing right now. Going to start first draft BJJ shortly.