PDA

View Full Version : Noob from the north

walksofar
5/03/2008 7:34pm,
New here obviously.
Where to start...well i trained in Kyokushin karate for about 3 years when i was younger. At first it was great, intense work out, lots of fun, and it taught me some great self defence applications. However after a little while, the sensei started missing classes a lot more often (something to do with his day time job, he didn't teach full time, not enough students for that to be a significant source of income).

As a result of his absense, we merely had one of the older guys at the dojo (in his 40s)who was at the same level as us, go over what we already knew, learning new stuff was really put on hold. Eventually i got really tired of this, and well i quit.

Martial arts really hasn't interested me much since then, that is until now. So i've been looking for a new style to try out. Figured this is a good place to start, see which style is best for me, and what is out there. So yeah, that about sums it up, please don't hate on the canadian noob:toothy9:

TKDBot
5/03/2008 7:35pm,
Welcome aboard, walksofar! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

andrewa
5/04/2008 1:08pm,
What city are you in??

AeroChica
5/04/2008 1:43pm,
Welcome to Bullshido! Make sure to give a friendly Canadian shout-out to Omega when he pops by - he just looooooves us!

What city are you in, and what styles interest you? We can probably round up a recommendation for you with a few more details.

walksofar
5/05/2008 3:59pm,
I live in the Kitchener waterloo region. Um I'm looking for something that sort of covers all the bases, grapplng, striking etc. Of course I'm not set on that, i wouldn't mind trying something specific, like bjj or TKD, but i really don't want to focus on one thing, karate is definately not an option.